Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leg enchants

+2
Instinctive
Hanibal
6 posters

Go down

Leg enchants Empty Leg enchants

Post  Hanibal Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:20 pm

This question is more to Gevlon. Is Icescale leg armor (and others) also ruled out ? It is purple item but it is not abyss crystal enchant so I'm not sure about it.

In case it will be ruled out LW looks like a very good profesion as it has Nerubian Leg Reinforcements on top of fur lining - Attack power.

I think the same case will be with casters leg enchants and tailoring.

Hanibal

Back to top Go down

Leg enchants Empty Re: Leg enchants

Post  Instinctive Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:09 pm

I am 99% sure they are not allowed but I will check back to see Gevlon's reply.

The obvious: no epics, no exalted SoH enchant, no epic gems (except JC special gems), no Abyss-shard enchant. All blues, including HC drops are available of course.

I would be surprised if Icescale leg enchants are allowed as it is not profession specific and is definitely an epic level enchant.

Instinctive

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopsui Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:33 pm

I'd say a safe rule of thumb is if it was readily available at the launch of wotlk, it's a go. Epic gems were unavailable. Abyss Shard enchants were unavailable. Epic leg enchants were available, and would be alright. Ofc it's Gevlon's baby and he has the final say in it. The only nasty thing is you 'cheat' 3 epic gems by using JC, but shrug..

Chopsui

Back to top Go down

Post  Instinctive Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Chopsui wrote:I'd say a safe rule of thumb is if it was readily available at the launch of wotlk, it's a go.

I hadn't thought of it like that, you may well be correct.

Instinctive

Back to top Go down

Post  Kats Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:02 pm

I'm fairly sure Abyss crystal recipes were awalable at Wotlk launch, seeing how I remember a mage in our guild getting +10 stats on chest on his t7.10 that he bought for heroic badges

Kats

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopsui Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:36 am

Still a subtle difference between available, and readily available. Wink

Chopsui

Back to top Go down

Post  Kats Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:32 pm

"Readily available' is subjective.

For example, the recipe for Jagged Forest Emerald came from Revered Frenzyheart tribe. In essence, that was not 'readily available'. Should we disallow Jagged Forest Emerald gemming too then? (Despite it being a blue gem.)

(Empiric evidence: the mage mentioned in my above post got his +10 stats enchant before I finished the Frenzyheart rep grind for the abovementioned gem cut. And I was one of the first jewelcrafters on the realm who could cut it.)

I'm just saying we need a list of what's allowed and what not, seeing on how it can be interpreted differently.

Kats

Back to top Go down

Post  Gevlon Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:23 pm

I'm unsure. Its materials are not epic and easily farmable (abyss shard needs an epic item to be disenchanted). Recipe given by trainer, not from raid.

I'd say let's use it.

Gevlon
Greedy Goblin
Greedy Goblin

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:25 am

I guess that means Spellthread is also in? http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41602

But BoE items crafted with the frozen orbs are out. Slippery slope. Check out http://www.wowwiki.com/Enchantments_by_slot#Legs - there are decent blue alternatives to the epic LW and tailoring enchants.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Kats Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:27 am

Slippery slope is a fallacious argument.

Point is, if we disallow leg augmentations, for non-caster classes, the best raiding professions would be Leatherworking/JC bar none. That is to say, the LW can make very good bracer fur lining ON top of getting the epic-equivalent leg enchants. (http://www.wowwiki.com/Nerubian_Leg_Reinforcements) Same goes for Tailoring for casters.

This puts a lid on all other professions like Enchanting/Inscription/Blacksmithing(which would be subpar as-is)/Engineering.

Kats

Back to top Go down

Post  Gevlon Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:03 pm

The key here is epic gear. The crafted BoE is epic. The abyss shard needs epic item to be disenchanted.

While I understand that the line between "epic" and "not" is not clear. One could say that ilvl200 blue heroic drops come from the same place where epics (the HC instances). The line is arbitrary.

Kats is right that disallowing epic leg enchants would make LW mandatory for tanks/melee/hunters and tailoring for casters/healers. Alternative: disallow epic-equivalent to LW/tailors too. But then we shall disallow "epic" engi self-head (which is wearable at lvl72 and no better than JC or alch trinket)

So there is no "right" choice here. The choice must be made arbitrarily ("because I told so"). So:
- Epic (purple) gear: NO, except engi self-head
- Epic gems: NO (except JC-self-gems)
- Abyss-enchants: NO
- Epic leg armor: YES
- Exa hodir enchant: NO, Epic PvP enchant: YES (it's resi, so most of its stats are wasted, it's simply to save you from the long questline if you hate it)
- Head enchant (now heirloom): YES

Gevlon
Greedy Goblin
Greedy Goblin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum