Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Warrior] Preliminary tank gear list

+2
Mundy
Maladroite
6 posters

Go down

[Warrior] Preliminary tank gear list Empty [Warrior] Preliminary tank gear list

Post  Maladroite Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:33 am

I've been browsing through gear guides and putting together a gear list in Rawr to get an idea of what a warrior's stats might look like in the best blue gear available. This is what I've come up with so far (all are instance drops unless otherwise stated):

This is the complete profile: http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20664383

Head: Ground Tremor Helm + 20 def, 37 sta enchant + 32 sta, 2% armor meta + 8 str, 8 def orange gem
Neck: Burning Skull Pendant (BoE)
Shoulders: Iron Dwarf Smith Pauldrons + 30 sta, 15 resi enchant
Cloak: Cloak of the Enemy + 16 def enchant.
Chest: Breastplate of the Solemn Council (Revered rep with the Wyrmrest Accord) + 275 hp enchant
Wrists: Bindings of Dark Will + 102 sta enchant (LW)
Hands: Gauntlets of the Water Revenant + 20 agi enchant.
Waist: Skadi's Iron Belt + 51 sta gem + 24 sta gem
Legs: Ley-Guardian's Legguards + 45 sta, 15 agi enchant.
Feet: Sabatons of Draconic Vigor (Revered rep with the Wyrmrest Accord) + 22 sta enchant.
Ring 1: Nerubian Shield Ring
Ring 2: Band of Torture
Trinket 1: Figurine-Monarch Crab + 2x 51 sta gems
Trinket 2: Essence of Gossamer
Weapon: Cloudstrider's Waraxe + Mongoose enchant.
Shield: Bulwark of the Noble Protector + 18 sta enchant.
Ranged Weapon: Weighted Throwing Axe (Quest reward)

Suggestions welcomed if you have them.

Last edited by Maladroite on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Maladroite

Back to top Go down

[Warrior] Preliminary tank gear list Empty Re: [Warrior] Preliminary tank gear list

Post  Mundy Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:31 pm

What kind of avoidance do you have with that gear?

Mundy

http://lmundy.com/

Back to top Go down

[Warrior] Preliminary tank gear list Empty Re: [Warrior] Preliminary tank gear list

Post  Newtron Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:38 pm

I have a couple that I worked on to see how much health you could get. People on the official forums were spouting numbers like 22k health, 25k health. I had to put something together before I could reply Smile

They're setup for JC+LW. both are about 29.7-8k health 21k armor. I used RAWR to build these up, then tweaked some more. The spec and glyphs may not be optimal, I just copied a standard template.

http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20654107
http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20654355

You'l note the second one has lower dodge AND is using resilience to get uncrittable. Dodge below 20% is useless because of Icewell Radiance, so if you can swap +dodge gear for anything else (PvP gear doesn't have dodge/parry), then you'll come out ahead. Hitting 29k health unbuffed, 38k buffed isn't all that bad really, now we gotta figure out how to get the healers through the longer fights. I'll start fiddling with a priest next.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Tagerus Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:22 pm

I come up with different (lower) unbuffed number in Rawr from that gear setup, maybe your stats include the JC trinket instead of Lavanthor's.

Looks pretty similar to what I came up with. The only problem I see is that it is low on gem slots, only 3 total, but 5 if JC trinket is included. A few pieces I had different were:

Head: Arcane Shielded Helm

Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Colossus
less avoidance, but a socket for more stam stacking. I would also go with the PVP inscription 30sta/15resil

Neck: Shadowseeker's Pendant

Waist: Skadi's Iron Belt (extra socket)

I also put on the Monarch Crab since you specified JC anyway.

I would also consider the old +18 Stam LW kit for gloves since EH is going to be, at best, borderline for later raids.

With those replacements, I had to go with 3 Enduring gems (in yellow slots with +Sta socket bonus) to make uncrittable.

Those come out to according to Rawr (unbuffed):
29416 Health
23570 Armor
537 Defense (Uncrittable with shoulder resilience)

vs. lvl83:
18.15% dodge
15.05% Parry
8.62% Miss
18.23% Block

Tagerus

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:54 pm

Tagerus wrote:Looks pretty similar to what I came up with. The only problem I see is that it is low on gem slots, only 3 total, but 5 if JC trinket is included. A few pieces I had different were:

For ICC in blues, consider any piece of gear with +dodge to be inferior, provided the other stats come out about the same. We're losing 20% dodge off the top, if you aren't going to break 20% dodge, then you should do your best to lose it completely. ANY stat is better than dodge in this limited case. For Naxx, Ulduar and ToC, effective health is still going to be the rule at our gear level.

Gem count doesn't matter as long as you have enough for your 3 JC gems. you're guaranteed to have 4 in most setups (belt, JC trinket, helm). Taken as a whole, I've come up with plenty of gear sets using Rawr that only had 4 sockets (6 sockets when you have BS+JC), all comparable to the gear sets posted here.

WoWHead's profiler doesn't handle some bonuses in the stats section. The armor bonus from the Austere Earthseige Diamond isn't reflected in the numbers.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  DehNutCase Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:42 am

for ranged weapons, there is one option for defense rating the Weighted Throwing Axe, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43187, being a quest reward it is 26 ilvs lower than the Stolen Vrykul Harpoon, but even so, it provides strength, stamina, and defense rather than just agility and stamina as tanking stats. It is also the only source of defense rating from a blue ranged weapon. Rawr does not have this item in it's data base the last time i checked, so you need to either create it or obtain it on your character and load your character from the armory to add it into Rawr's database.

DehNutCase

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:25 pm

One thing I've noticed - Newtron is using Savage Glad arena weapon and shield in the wowhead profiles, which aren't availaible at all and I think they never were. So that needs to be replaced.

Misaka

http://www.angrydwarfs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Misaka wrote:One thing I've noticed - Newtron is using Savage Glad arena weapon and shield in the wowhead profiles, which aren't availaible at all and I think they never were. So that needs to be replaced.

You're right. When I actually searched for it, there was no availablity for the item and the comment says "I guess it never made it into the game. Shame." . The change to something different isn't a big deal, a little juggling of gear and a set without any resilience doesn't come out much lower. This was a RAWR optimized set, so its going to squeeze every bit of health it can.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Maladroite Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:44 pm

I updated my post. Thanks for reminding me about the dodge debuff in ICC - had forgotten all about it. I changed some of the items and enchants accordingly, to get rid of dodge rating.
Also, thanks for showing me that wowhead profiler, I made one myself, so whoever is interested can see the stats there.

Maladroite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down