Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destro lock list, first pass

2 posters

Go down

Destro lock list, first pass Empty Destro lock list, first pass

Post  Newtron Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:44 pm

Built assuming Draenic Presence and Misery/Imp. Faerie Fire
http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=19843485
Might need to tweak the glyphs, I need to run the numbers on Incinerate vs Chaos Bolt

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Destro lock list, first pass Empty Re: Destro lock list, first pass

Post  Abrogate Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:24 pm

By my math, you're over the hit cap.

11.25% Hit - Gear
3% Hit - Suppression
3% Hit - Misery/Imp FF
1% Hit - Draenei

= 18.25% hit, the cap is 17%.

Your glyphs and spec look solid, but at our low gear-level, I think you should run the numbers (or use Rawr) to figure out the difference between the LT glyph and the Immolate Glyph. The CB glyph is crap, so it's good you didn't use it.

15 Spi is > 8 all stats for chest unless you need the HP. The haste on Dark Runic Mantle might make it the superior shoulder item, but Rawr should settle that as well.

Also, why Enchanting instead of JC?

EDIT - Misread hit

Abrogate

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:24 am

I need to update that profile, I have a RAWR profile with JC+Tailoring I've been working with. Hit was 9% on the character sheet. I had excluded Major Spirit from the chest enchants in RAWR for some reason, adding that doesn't change any other gear I had equipped.
The Simcraft I ran for my current setup was hitting 'oom' after about 2 minutes, so Life Tapping was mandatory every 20-30 seconds. With Lifetap being a requirement, the LT glyph buff is going to have 100% uptime. At ~700 spirit that puts me up +140 spell power (6% increase). Immolate is 10% increase to 10% of my total damage, no brainer.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrogate Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:49 am

The Immolate Glyph also boosts your Conflagrate damage.

Abrogate

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:27 am

Abrogate wrote:The Immolate Glyph also boosts your Conflagrate damage.

There are only 3 major glyphs. Incinerate is +5% of 50% total DPS (2.5%). Conflag saves you a GCD every 10 seconds. Immolate is 10% of 22% (conflag+immolate), 2.2%. Life Tap is boosting SP 6%. Of the three, Life Tap, Incinerate and Conflag come out on top. Conflag+Immolate looks good by itself, but compared to Incinerate and Life Tap, Immolate loses out. I ran it through Simcraft, 100 DPS loss swapping in Immolate for Life Tap. The damage gain for Immolate and Conflag was much smaller than the loss for CoD, CB, Incinerate and Imp fireball.

Next up will be fiddling around with an Improved Soul Leech build to see if reducing Life tap to once every 40 seconds is worth the loss of SP required to make up for 3% hit (no suppression talents)

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Newtron wrote:
Next up will be fiddling around with an Improved Soul Leech build to see if reducing Life tap to once every 40 seconds is worth the loss of SP required to make up for 3% hit (no suppression talents)

Here's an updated profile: http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20663916 . this is an ISL build, so it requires more hit on gear, but life tapping less often, only to proc the glyph. I'll fiddle around with an ISL build using the Immo glyph, it might edge out Life Tap.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrogate Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:07 pm

Looks very good. I'm impressed you got that much hit w/o gemming for it.

EDIT - Edited for dumb.

Last edited by Abrogate on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Abrogate

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:17 pm

Abrogate wrote:Looks very good. 30 SP to bracers uses a Dream Shard, so that should be 23 SP instead, but otherwise I'm impressed you got that much hit w/o gemming for it.
Dream Shard's are OK. I'm sure Gev meant no Abyss CRYSTAL enchants in the rules. Those are definitely epic, Dream Shares are still 'rare'.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:49 pm

Abrogate wrote:I'm impressed you got that much hit w/o gemming for it.

This seems to be possible for all classes. I've only worked up Warrior (Prot) and Warlocks, but I was able to put together a warrior that had no defense gems, minimal defense enchants (shield only) and was uncrittable. Most people would forgo optimizing blues knowing they would get upgrades soon.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrogate Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:16 am

Newtron wrote:
Dream Shard's are OK. I'm sure Gev meant no Abyss CRYSTAL enchants in the rules. Those are definitely epic, Dream Shares are still 'rare'.

Haha you're right, I got confused, my bad.

Abrogate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down