Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gearing up Blues at 80 - Blue BOEs (Blue Gear in Guild Bank Tab 2)

2 posters

Go down

Gearing up Blues at 80 - Blue BOEs (Blue Gear in Guild Bank Tab 2) Empty Gearing up Blues at 80 - Blue BOEs (Blue Gear in Guild Bank Tab 2)

Post  WeekendWarrior Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:49 pm

I was chatting with Ediriz online this morning (evening for him) about gearing up at 80 and he mentioned that he was setting up a gear list and how some of the best gear came from some of the passed by bosses in the instances. I told him how much I was burned out running the instances for gear drops that I stopped logging on because of that but I thought I was pretty much done with my Resto set. I have always felt that this project should not require endless grinding to get the best Blue gear you can get, no exalted reputations etc... But anyway, I was running a AH scan, getting ready for work, thought about looking for some lvl 51-55 green weapons to DE for some Greater Cosmic essences or Eternal essences – I forget which, and had the idea to check for Blue BOE ilvl 200 armor to see what was available. I found several pieces at below avg market price. <light bulb goes on over head> Put in some bids and bought out some.

So my plan is to keep scanning the AH and picking up whatever I can and I’ll either post here what I have available or figure out some other way of folks knowing what I have. Don’t know if I’ll create an alt to store the stuff on or if we should get another bank tab and put it there. I want it to go to folks who will use it – don’t want it to go to waste. I think at this point in the game, these items have far greater value to us than someone else who will use it for a few weeks until they get enough badges for an upgrade or a better drop.

I’m not interested in making a profit off of this stuff, probably just the cost back of what I paid for it so that I can replenish the coffers to buy more. If anyone else is interested in helping scan the AH for these bargains, you can send the stuff to me COD what you paid for it so you are not out any gold, and I’ll store it and distribute it. I think long term it might be better to have it in the Guild bank under a limited access tab so that if I leave the project or am gone or unavailable when someone needs it they can get what they need. Until that is decided I plan on creating a bank alt and store it on him as my current storage is too limited for what I have in mind.

P.S. Note the clever double entendre message of the title? Kudos to those who noticed it. And thanks to the ad writer who I worked with a lifetime ago who taught me that Kudos wasn’t just a candy bar.

Mythstaken

Last edited by WeekendWarrior on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:01 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated subject line with where the gear is now)

WeekendWarrior

Back to top Go down

Gearing up Blues at 80 - Blue BOEs (Blue Gear in Guild Bank Tab 2) Empty Re: Gearing up Blues at 80 - Blue BOEs (Blue Gear in Guild Bank Tab 2)

Post  Ediriz Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Hey there Myth.
I agree with you in that, following in the spirit of the project, we shouldn't spend an excessive amount of effort finding the absolute best items. I like your idea -- I think it would be great if you could figure out a way to allow us to browse stored items.

Ediriz

Back to top Go down

Gearing up Blues at 80 - Blue BOEs (Blue Gear in Guild Bank Tab 2) Empty List of gear so far > Updated/edited on 7 July 2010

Post  WeekendWarrior Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Updated on 7/7/2010

Items added: Burning Skull Pendant, Waistguard of the Risen Knight, Reanimator’s Cloak, and some duplicates of items already listed.

Note: I don't know if items can be linked to WoW head or some source to enable you to see the stats. (I still haven't tried this yet.) But I think it will work for now.

I think this is at least a start. Avg price is the price paid, Market avg is the price per number of times it's been "seen" by auctioneer scans. I'd expect folks reimburse me the price paid not market. Hopefully will be helpful for some folks to fill in gaps for items where RNG hates them.

Later,

Myth

-------------------Current list of Available Blue BOE Gear 7/7/2010---------

Ymirjar Physician’s Robe (x2) Leather 39g (avg price) 85g (market avg)
Chain Gang Leggards (x2) Leather 50g (avg price) 112g (market avg)
Awakened Handguards (x1) Leather 18g (avg price) 17g (market avg)
Drake Champion’s Bracers (x2) Leather 35g (avg price) 88g (market avg)

Webwinder Gloves (x2) Plate 23g (avg price) 32g (market avg)
Cast Iron Shackles (x2) Plate 62g (avg price) 431g (market avg)
Refined Ore Gloves(x2) Plate 60g (avg price) 214g (market avg)
Bands or Fading Light(x2) Plate 17g (avg price) 53g (market avg)
Waistguard of the Risen Knight (x1)Plate 100g (avg price) 372g (market avg)

Bands of the SkyRing (x2) Mail 23.5g (avg price) 84g (market avg)
Belt of Tasseled Lanters(x3) Mail 66g (avg price) 93g (market avg)

Tattered Castle Drape (x2) Cloak 17g (avg price) 54g (market avg)
Cloak of Bloodied Waters(x1)Cloak 102g(avg price) 147g(market avg)
Reanimator’s Cloak (x1) Cloak 60g (avg price) 135g(market avg)

Frostbridge Orb (x2) Offhand 19g (avg price) 52g (market avg)
Prison Manifest (x1) Offhand 21g (avg price) 80g (market avg)
Stained Shard Ring(x3) Ring 16g (avg price) 50g (market avg)
Tracker’s Balance Knives(x2)Thrown 44g (avg price) 53g (market avg)
Burning Skull Pendant (x1) Neck 48g (avg price) 85g (market avg)

Weapons
Librarian’s Paper Cutter (x1) Dagger 23g (avg price) 28g (market avg)

Last edited by WeekendWarrior on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:21 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated list of gear accumulated as of 7 July 2010)

WeekendWarrior

Back to top Go down

Gearing up Blues at 80 - Blue BOEs (Blue Gear in Guild Bank Tab 2) Empty Put most of the items in the Guild Bank Tab 2

Post  WeekendWarrior Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:23 pm

Hey all,

I decided it would be easier just to put as many of the items that I could in the Guild Bank under tab two than to try to keep updating the list. I think that folks can view the contents from the the guild link in the wow armory - I'm not sure. But at one time I know you could do that. Anyway, to access tab two, I believe you need to be promoted to raider. Some of the other officer's in the guild can promote you. I can not. But the items are there and they are to help anyone grab some blue gear they need. Smile

Myth

WeekendWarrior

Back to top Go down

Gearing up Blues at 80 - Blue BOEs (Blue Gear in Guild Bank Tab 2) Empty Re: Gearing up Blues at 80 - Blue BOEs (Blue Gear in Guild Bank Tab 2)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down