Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another recruitement thread!

+2
Lethorgic
ecabana
6 posters

Go down

Another recruitement thread! Empty Another recruitement thread!

Post  ecabana Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi everyone!

I first heard of this project via Greedy Goblin in the Ulduar time and i was amazed and i was so hoping i could do that one day. I recently heard about you again and now you are doing ICC in blues! This is wonderful. That's how i ended up here today, noticing you were making a US version of it and i would really be part of this project.

Nostalgia moment : I remember in Everquest 1 when raid wiped over wipes and running back naked trying to get corpses and equipement back, managing to loot some pieces , running away, coming back, again and again and finally killing the boss. That was moments i will never forget. That made the game worth playing for.

Now i know i probably can't get the same feelings, different game, different time. I'm good with that. But that project is a wonderful challenge to try and i am up for the challenge.

Few questions :

What would be your raiding schedule when you start raiding? (Time Zone etc)

I'm on an Eastern time schedule, i play usually between 7pm until 10pm (can push to 11h) for the week time and can play later in weekend, but not playing in Sundays nights.

Any leveling restrictions? Gear, transfers? Or is it get to 80 as you want and then get blues?

Who do i contact when creating a character? I saw Mythstaken name, any others?

Any particular class needed? I saw you have no rogue yet, i know pretty much all classes

Thanks for you time and hope to meet you all in game!
Etienne

ecabana

Back to top Go down

Another recruitement thread! Empty Re: Another recruitement thread!

Post  Lethorgic Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:30 pm

I can answer a few questions for you, since I assume the rules are about the same in EU and US.

Raid schedule would be one night in the week (on EU it's saturday 19:00 - 23:00)
You may do whatever you like while leveling, no limits whatsoever. Transfers are also fine. The blue gear only comes into play when raiding.
About the classes, you can come with whichever you want. Rather play a class you enjoy than one that the guild doesn't have yet (of course you may not have already raided a lot on that class).

At least this is the EU rules, I would think they would be equal.

Lethorgic

Back to top Go down

Another recruitement thread! Empty :))) this is such a great thing...expect 2 applicants!

Post  jmbruni Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:30 am

WoW!! I came across the EU blogs by accident and could not stop reading! I am so impressed!!

I started WoW in April 2009, knowing no one and not really wanting to...made a Druid and soloed him as Balance to 57... As many know, Azeroth is not necessarily kind to the unwary, unprepared, and uninformed. I spent hours and hours as a wisp chasing after my dead self...lol. So then I made a Death Knight and WoW!! THIS IS FUN!! Actually, what was fun was having power and a sort of invinceability - I had made a toon of every other flavor and played most of them to lev 20 or so - the DK was different. I spent HOURS researching, documenting, cross-checking, rotating, killing, and dying. I was never a dungeon man before but when I hit 80 I became one - a PuG-HO - cleared the Northrend Dungeon Master and Dungeon Hero and Epic achieves in 2 months...I LOVE IT! (or do I!??)

I love my DK and DPSing and even Tanking...but I am now at that point where I face the reality of all this - I must be part of a 10 or 25 man raid team to advance, and what awaits me there? Hours of false elitism, frustration over grouping, etc...and all that to become yet another BiS-Toon? Maybe. Maybe NOT!!

I will discuss this with my close friend who I recruited last August...she wanted to find a more "serious" guild to run with...and oddly enough it is not for the glory of the kill...it is so that she can feel truly wanted and needed and CONTRIBUTE...she is more a crafter and than a raider...and suffers from old-age, CRS, DMA, and sometimes GTFO - same as me :p

We have both been looking for something to believe in, be a part of, and be proud of - IMO this idea and group are just what we are looking for...AND I can get back to my "main" with meaning - dual-spec Balance/Resto Druid Khy of US-Blade's Edge.

I have a smile on my face for the first time in a long WoW-while...thanks!

Another recruitement thread! 18193110

jmbruni

Back to top Go down

Post  WeekendWarrior Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:36 am

Ecabana - I concur with what Lethorgic said. The U.S. side is following the same guidelines/rules as on the EU side.
What would be your raiding schedule when you start raiding? (Time Zone etc) - planned to be one night a week and once enough folks are ready the day and time will be set. It's always been discussed that it would be Sat 7 or 8 to 10pm (ish) Server time = Eastern Time zone. Not sure if that is the best day for most people but I think that the majority will rule when that time comes.
Any leveling restrictions? Gear, transfers? Or is it get to 80 as you want and then get blues?
You can start a new toon/RAF/transfer. It's up to you. If you roll a new toon I'll send you some bags and starter gold. Get to 80, Gear up in Blues. We'll raid in Blues - outside of Raids you can spend emblems on gear or not - it's up to you. Read though the other posts concerning what is or is not allowed gearwise - to much specifics to go into detail again.

Who do i contact when creating a character? I saw Mythstaken name, any others?
Do a /who undergeared and anyone should be able to give you an invite. I'll be on vacation visiting family from the 15th of July to the 23rd of July so I won't be online. But really anyone with a bags rank or above can throw you an invite.

Jmbruni - I think we talked online the other night. I think I answered all your questions. Feel free to roll a toon and see how you like it - you are welcome to join with or without your friend. If your friend is not interested in Raiding at this time - she would still be welcome to join. Raiding is not a guarentee for any of us. One because of scheduling, and two because I believe we all feel that if we can't perform in the raid then no one would want to take a spot. I'm happy just to try to support the project for as long as I care to play. The Guild chat is mostly barren but it is free of "trade" chat and all that nonsense. It is not a "lol social leveling guild" but it does not mean people aren't talking to each other either. Check out the posts here (both U.S and E.U side) for more info on the rules we are following. We are pretty much self governing, no hand holding, self starting type of individuals who are interested in a challenge. The expectations are for folks to not need anyone to tell them what they should do, but feel free to ask for advice/help if needed. It sounds to me like this is what you were looking for and you should give it a go. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

Later,

Mythstaken

Last edited by WeekendWarrior on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

WeekendWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  mafiafran Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:12 am

What would be your raiding schedule when you start raiding? (Time Zone etc) - planned to be one night a week and once enough folks are ready the day and time will be set. It's always been discussed that it would be Sat 7 or 8 to 10pm (ish) Server time = Eastern Time zone. Not sure if that is the best day for most people but I think that the majority will rule when that time comes.

DESIGNER HANDBAGS
Timberland Womens Boots

mafiafran

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr007 Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:46 am

Now i know i probably can't get the same feelings, different game, different time. I'm good with that. But that project is a wonderful challenge to try and i am up for the challenge.

Short Prom Dresses
exercise dvds

Mr007

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum