Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undergeared in Action

+2
WeekendWarrior
Horatio-
6 posters

Go down

Undergeared in Action Empty Undergeared in Action

Post  Horatio- Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:27 pm

- Aug 8, 2010 -

Hi everyone... Horatio here. I am starting this thread to provide updates on the progress of the Undergeared Guild. Specifically, on what we are doing. We need to get some more of you guys who are viewing the blog to get involved!

Mythstaken sent out invites for "something" to happen on Saturday Aug 7, 2010, from 8:00 - 10:00 p.m. server. Only Mythstaken and myself were online.

After a bit of chatting, we decided to run a few heroics. It was decided that Myth (the druid) would tank and I, Horatio, (the priest) would heal. We just needed 3 dps to fill in the blanks. Myth was sporting a little over 30,000 health in bear form with my Fortitude buff and his druid buff. I was looking at about +2100 spell power, 17,000 mana, and health of 16,200. No sooner than we had selected our roles as tank and healer, then we were presented with the random dungeon: Azjol Nerub. Should be a piece cake, right? Anyway, we would get the 5% random buff for a little boost.

As began the dungeon, I noticed that all of the dps had 5k GS (gearscore) or better. I wondered what they would think of us 'newbs' in our blues. Ahh... who cares anyway?

As we began, it became obvious that the major challenge would be trying to keep the dps from wiping us. First, it is difficult for a iLevel 200 tank to hold aggro over dps in iLevel 245+ gear who immediately jumps in w/ AoE the moment the tank gets to the adds. Second, everyone has gotten really lazy and ignores the mechanics of the fights: they expect the dps to burn through the boss so fast that his abilities don't matter, or they expect the 5.5k GS healer to heal them through anything, or they expect the tank with 45,000 health to pull half the mobs in the dungeon and keep aggro on them all. We had several close calls... the DK using deathgrip on adds, the 4.5k dps shaman pulling aggro, or the warrior charge in before the tank.

We lost the shaman before the first boss when she pulled aggro... the DK died from standing in the poison pool on Hadronox... and the warrior nearly died from charging a group of 3 mobs before the tank. But, Myth and I nailed it... Myth stayed alive the whole time and I kept everyone healed (except when they acted stupid, of course Wink )

After a successful Azjol run with the all-blue tank and heals, we cued up again for a random. Only the DK stayed with us. Glancing at my Recount, I noticed that he did about 900 dps in Azjol. 900?! Myth did more than that! His GS was 5k and his dps was 900?! Then I thought, this is why I am doing this... to prove that GS is secondary to knowledge and skill. So there it was... our tank in ilevel 200 blues out dps'd a 5k GS death knight. Rockin!

Then we got the Dungeon Group Ready screen: Gundrak. No problem, mon!

Of course we found ourselves with some overgeared dps again. But we took it slow (skipped Eck) and nailed Gundrak. We had a hunter who used misdirect which seemed to really help with the aggro. Slad'ran's poison nova took out one dps, but once again I kept everyone healed and Myth tanked it like a pro. Myth even picked up a nice ilevel 200 dps helm.

All in all, a successful night for the both of us. Would have been nice to have had 5 Undergeared online to run together.

We are recruiting! We raid in iLevel 200 blues only. Full rules are posted elsewhere on this board. Roll a new character or transfer one to The Forgotten Coast server, and lets get to raiding!

- Horatio

Horatio-

Back to top Go down

Undergeared in Action Empty Re: Undergeared in Action

Post  WeekendWarrior Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:31 pm

Most fun I had in awhile. It's nice to hear how the instance run went from your point of view. Most of the time when you can't hold agro as a tank you end up feeling like you failed and I wonder afterwards why the folks died. After taking a break from tanking and trying the healing side and the dps side, I can see how it's not always the tanks fault or the healer's fault. Anyway, Horatio your heals were great! Smile I think I logged out in my Blue tanking set so folks can see what he had to deal with - check out the idol I have (if not I'll log out in them next time). Hope that some others can make it next time.

I'll put another calendar invite out for Saturday. If there is another day/time that is good for folks let me know. I was thinking Thursday nights maybe 8-10 pm? Just thinking that Saturday nights might be to hard for most people.

Myth

WeekendWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrogate Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:04 am

Thursday would be a bit better for me, but I think I can make Thu or Sat this week to DPS.

Abrogate

Back to top Go down

Post  Mero Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:59 am

As began the dungeon, I noticed that all of the dps had 5k GS (gearscore) or better. I wondered what they would think of us 'newbs' in our blues. Ahh... who cares anyway?

After a successful Azjol run with the all-blue tank and heals, we cued up again for a random. Only the DK stayed with us. Glancing at my Recount, I noticed that he did about 900 dps in Azjol. 900?! Myth did more than that! His GS was 5k and his dps was 900?! Then I thought, this is why I am doing this... to prove that GS is secondary to knowledge and skill. So there it was... our tank in ilevel 200 blues out dps'd a 5k GS death knight. Rockin!

I love doing 5k plus burst on a boss, it's so amazing. Nerf AB spam ehehe. Even better is outdpsing people with badge gear, though it's kind of sad that I can out play those people. Even with the 'i just play for fun mentality' imo it's more fun to do your job well than to wipe.

I tried leveling a druid tank and I didn't like it anywhere near as much as I like tanking with my warrior. Swipe spam is boring and ineffective at holding aggro : ( . I think druids are fine with similar geared people, but not against massive AOE from people in 245 gear.

Nice to see you guys had fun though ^^. I'll be there for the next one.

~Mero

Mero

Back to top Go down

Undergeared in Action Empty Aug 14th

Post  WeekendWarrior Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:09 pm

Saturday Night - we had Abrogate (DK), Mero (Mage) and myself Druid (Mythstaken). After a bit of a wait to see if we might get any more folks we que'd up to do some Randoms. Mero I think was trying out a new Frost spec and I was running my overhauled Tanking spec with some new Glyphs. To be honest I ran so many instances this weekend I can't recall which ones we ran. Mero was burning up the dps again - I think my new spec might have kept him from changing into an ice block or dying as much as the last time and Abrogate had some pretty good numbers as well. They were both topping some higher geared players. And I have a confession to make after the last run with Mero. After both Mero and Abrogate had logged off, I was waiting around in que with the remaining party members at the entrance to POS - just wanted to give that a try tanking it. Anyway while waiting for some more dps to join up the heals ask me to check my weapon... Well guess who just tanked FOS with a fishing pole? There was a long que while Mero and I were waiting for FOS and I decided to fish a bit. Just think how awsome I can be when I remember to equip my weapon. Smile

Over the weekend we also got a new 80 in the guild. Someone joined on Saturday and decided to transfer their 80 Shaman over - I forgot the name but I know it starts with an S Smile . Here's to our new Shaman and hoping we can get some of our schedules lined up to get together this coming week/month.

WeekendWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaune Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:53 pm

That'd be "Sahina" ... and glad to be here =)

Pretty much am ready to start running, I'm officially "Undergeared" now ... with exception to my boots, but that will change on Wednesday once I have enough Champion Seals to buy my sweet blue boots.

My current gear set is crit / dps based, so not a great healer. I am going to start running all those instances so that I can get the MP5 gear together also. Imagine that will take another week or so, but I'll be good to go as DPS or Resto by then.

Fun times!

Ghaune

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr007 Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:47 am

Short Prom Dresses
exercise dvds

Mr007

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down