Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guildchat rule

4 posters

Go down

Guildchat rule Empty Guildchat rule

Post  Gevlon Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:38 am

The rule is simple: the guildchat is only for finding groups, crafters or quick WoW questions. Some examples:
* Anyone up for WC?
* Anyone else wants to kill Knucklerot and Luzran?
* Anyone can craft [silver rod]?
* Can a shaman cleanse curse?

Some bad examples:
* Lol!
* some random joke
* 2 pages long theorycrafting discussion (it belongs to the forum)
* non-WoW stuff

Why is this rule exists? Because of the "anyone can come, not anyone can stay" policy. I have no way to screen out morons. If someone comes along that "my main is Kungen on Maghteridon inv me", I have no way to prove he is not a 12 years old kid who is rejected by a HC guild as hunter for having more SP than AP. Some of the people will be M&S here and can stay until they prove themselves to be M&S either by not having decent rotation, standing in the fire or by not being able to chat decently.

I know that some of you will find the chat boring, but rather that than annoying. Of course you can chat in party or /w with anyone. And of course he can say he doesn't want to chat.

Gevlon
Greedy Goblin
Greedy Goblin

Back to top Go down

Guildchat rule Empty Re: Guildchat rule

Post  Vatay Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:20 am

"my main is Kungen on Maghteridon inv me"

If he said that you could be 100 % sure he was not who he claimed to be.

Vatay

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:29 am

You mentioned lol specifically, but I think this 'behavior' can be extended to 'gratz' and other spontaneous eruptions.

We aren't social guilds (US or EU), you don't have to congratulate everyone for every single achievement that scrolls through guild chat, we won't think less of you if you don't. Most of us would probably appreciate it if you didn't say 'grats' for every single achievement that pops up in your chat box.

The same goes for gratuitous 'ding!' in guildchat. Saying 'ding!' in guildchat is begging people to congratulate you. If you need congratulations from everyone in the guild for making level 10, then you're probably in the wrong guild.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Gevlon Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Since I've never seen a single gratz for [can I keep him] and such nonsense, I see no point to ban this. Of course if there would be 10 gz!s after [explore Durotar], it would need attention.

Gevlon
Greedy Goblin
Greedy Goblin

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:13 pm

Gevlon wrote:Since I've never seen a single gratz for [can I keep him] and such nonsense, I see no point to ban this. Of course if there would be 10 gz!s after [explore Durotar], it would need attention.

I'm on the US server, its real. There is going to be a day of reckoning soon if we continue to follow your example on the US server. I suspect 1/2 the players that joined last night will have to be culled from the guild for being there for all the wrong reasons.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Gevlon Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:29 pm

Yes, sometimes I have the same feeling.

For example Blood Elf and undead physical DPS. OK, melee can at least interrupt with Arcane Torrent, but BE hunter? Or the guy who said "my highest level is 71". I give everyone a chance to prove himself at the dummies, but I wouldn't place too high bet on this.

Gevlon
Greedy Goblin
Greedy Goblin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:48 am

In my expereince, grats and ding! are the iron-clad social identifiers. I have once been asked to leave a guild because I didn't say grats in guild chat and was thus identified and labelled as anti-social.

Adam

http://www.thenoisyrogue.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down