Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raid Buffs and You: The WL-Perspective

5 posters

Go down

Raid Buffs and  You: The WL-Perspective Empty Raid Buffs and You: The WL-Perspective

Post  Crombach Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:59 pm

As a reminder, which buffs in a raidsetting are provided by which class/spec see:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/patch-3-0-2-on-debuffs-buffs-and-raid-stacking/

The link above seems to be a little outdated, so any corrections are welcome.

If no personal preferences for a certain WL-Spec exist, try figuring out which spec helps most in a raid-setting. Possible buffs/debuffs coming from Locks are:

# Armor Debuff (Minor): Faerie Fire (any Druid), Sting (Hunter pet)(unlikely Hunter-Pet), Curse of Recklessness (any WL)

I do think that raiding without a druid is impossible in WoW, so let him handle it!

# Increased Spell Damage Taken Debuff: Ebon Plaguebringer (Unholy DK), Earth and Moon(Boomkin-Druid), Curse of the Elements (any WL)

Probably the most important debuff a Lock can provide, so if no Bookin or Unholy-DK (who automatically provide the debuff) are present, this should be the curse of choice (Locks can apply only one curse per enemy).

# Increased Spell Power Buff: Focus Magic (Mage), Improved Divine Spirit(Priest), Flametongue Totem (Shaman), Totem of Wrath (Ele-Shaman), Demonic Pact (Demonology-WL)

Since Bloodlust is seen as such an important buff, I dont think that we wil raid without a shaman. So probably they will handle it. For now I will ignore the unlikely scenario that we will have 'only' an Enhancer.

# Attack Power Debuff: Demoralizing Roar (Bear-Druid (actually any Druid)), Curse of Weakness (any WL), Demoralizing Shout (Prot-Warrior (see Druid))

Should be applied by the tank. I'm not sure, but I think that is one of the debuffs which now can be applied by any tank in the game?

# Health Buff: Commanding Shout (Warrior), Blood Pact ((Destro?)-WL)

Depends on number of Warriors in the Raid (afaik you can have only one Shout per Warrior). 'Demands' Destro-Lock because of Imp (right?).

# Intellect Buff: Arcane Intellect (Mage), Fel Intelligence (Affli-WL)
# Spirit Buff: Divine Spirit (Priest), Fel Intelligence (Affli-WL)

It would surprise me if a Lock would be needed for these buffs^^.

# Cast Speed Slow: Curse of Tongues (any-WL), Slow (Arcane Mage), Mind-numbing Poison(Rogue).

This one is tricky, since it depends on the Boss and on the raid setting. How strong is this? How much dps-loss is it for a mage to apply it?

TL;DR:
I think it is more probably to have a (ele/resto)-shaman than 3 Warriors, so the most raid-efficient spec will likely be Destruction (which by the way is far from unplayable:).

Since there aren't many WL in the guild right now, I created this thread mainly for myself (to get feedback), but also as a possible template for other classes and a plea for cheap information.

please comment

Crombach

Back to top Go down

Raid Buffs and  You: The WL-Perspective Empty Re: Raid Buffs and You: The WL-Perspective

Post  Misaka Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:26 pm

I believe http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/ is more userfriendly and current than that.

Improved Commanding Shout - if you have a Fury (and maybe Arms, not necessarily), Warrior in the group, they will provide it. Same with Improved Demoralizing.

Demoralizing Shout and Thunderclap effect can be also provided by Prot/Ret paladins.

And you can have both Commanding/Battle and Demo.

Misaka

http://www.angrydwarfs.com

Back to top Go down

Raid Buffs and  You: The WL-Perspective Empty Re: Raid Buffs and You: The WL-Perspective

Post  gnomeofzurich Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:18 pm

Crombach wrote:
# Increased Spell Power Buff: Focus Magic (Mage), Improved Divine Spirit(Priest), Flametongue Totem (Shaman), Totem of Wrath (Ele-Shaman), Demonic Pact (Demonology-WL)

Since Bloodlust is seen as such an important buff, I dont think that we wil raid without a shaman. So probably they will handle it. For now I will ignore the unlikely scenario that we will have 'only' an Enhancer.

Some of these buffs aren't mutually exclusive.

Focus magic is a crit buff that every mage who has it should be casting on somebody. it doesn't clash with any other buff.

the totems and IDS cancel and only the highest effect is used. Clearly we want ToW if there is an ele shammy, flametongue if not, and IDS if there is no shammy at all, or more realistically, if there is some need for a different fire totem to be up and only one shaman. If we have a demo lock, they will pretty much be putting DP up regularly anyway, if it doesn't stack with the others (does it?), then it's primarily valuable when we are depending on IDS, as it will be only a small bonus over flametongue in blue gear.

Crombach wrote:# Health Buff: Commanding Shout (Warrior), Blood Pact ((Destro?)-WL)

Depends on number of Warriors in the Raid (afaik you can have only one Shout per Warrior). 'Demands' Destro-Lock because of Imp (right?).

Affliction should be able to run with an imp at very little or no loss I would think.

Looks like it's better coming from a warrior if we really need the health, and better from a lock otherwise (as it's a passive buff from the lock as long as they are at least indifferent to using the imp)

gnomeofzurich
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Niola Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:05 pm

I've seen a few mistakes here and there, will look on them later. Demoralizing shout is like the retri paladins Vindication afaik. And I don't think prot palas have something similar either.

Niola

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Niola wrote:I've seen a few mistakes here and there, will look on them later. Demoralizing shout is like the retri paladins Vindication afaik. And I don't think prot palas have something similar either.
Linked above, this page has almost all of it. Vindication is missing.

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down