Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much gold have you made so far?

+2
gnomeofzurich
Mundy
6 posters

Go down

How much gold have you made so far? Empty How much gold have you made so far?

Post  Mundy Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:26 am

I know most of us aren't 80 yet and probably haven't been putting much effort into fattening our wallets, but I've noticed the economy on this realm is quite ripe for a goblin (or goblins) to make a decent amount of money.

I myself have made around 4k from gathering alone and about 5k from other AH activities - without trying much I might add.

Has anyone gone all-out on the AH yet and gold capped themselves?

Mundy

http://lmundy.com/

Back to top Go down

How much gold have you made so far? Empty Re: How much gold have you made so far?

Post  gnomeofzurich Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:35 pm

I think we must have had a few goblins leave the realm or hit the cap and slow down, because when I looked into doing inscription a couple months ago, it looked like a lot of work to get set up for maybe no more gold/hr than I was already making trading and doing a small set of evergreen (to me) craft arbs.

But that seems to have changed. Of course, if all of us go inscription... probably only takes 5-6 of us to get it back where it was or worse (well better for the customers, worse for a potential new goblin). Or 2 serious campers.

gnomeofzurich
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

How much gold have you made so far? Empty Re: How much gold have you made so far?

Post  Abrogate Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:55 pm

I doubt any rerolls have hit the cap. According to my statistics I've only accumulated ~6k gold so far, of course I've been stockpiling everything I mine so I can level JC/Eng, but anyone who's spending time working the AH to that degree instead of leveling is wasting time.

EDIT - And the glyph market is still pretty inflated by my standards, at least for DK glyphs, 50+g for every glyph I've looked at.

Abrogate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dhirken Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:18 am

Abrogate wrote:[B]ut anyone who's spending time working the AH to that degree instead of leveling is wasting time.

That's about what I'm thinking at the moment. I'm only at ~4k right now, and I'm not planning on going much above that. Honestly, I don't see the point. This is my only character on this server and the only reason I'm here is for this project. I'll need to kit out ~3-4 sets of gear at most, with cheap enchants and cheap gems, and keep myself in 3 hrs worth of consumables a week. What's the point of trying to hit the gold cap here instead of on my home server?

Dhirken

Back to top Go down

Post  Mundy Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:08 am

Abrogate wrote:anyone who's spending time working the AH to that degree instead of leveling is wasting time.

Yeah, I think thats probably the reason that the economy hasn't changed much since we started here. Once a few of us get to 80 I'd say the competition on certain items will begin to get a lot more fierce.

Abrogate wrote:Honestly, I don't see the point. This is my only character on this server and the only reason I'm here is for this project. I'll need to kit out ~3-4 sets of gear at most, with cheap enchants and cheap gems, and keep myself in 3 hrs worth of consumables a week. What's the point of trying to hit the gold cap here instead of on my home server?

This server looks to be a lot easier to make money on than my home server. If at 80 it turns out the raid times won't suit me (which is probably considering I'm playing from Australia) or I don't make the cut I'm planning to simply transfer back, hopefully with a lot of gold.

Mundy

http://lmundy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:46 pm

I have all of the ores, bars and stone needed to get to 300+ Engineeering AND JC, how much is that worth? Rolling a DK gatherer is a big boost. Not having to buy all of your profession grind off the AH is worth alot.

I'll probably go with JC/Tailoring, so the extra bars and stone will go on the AH at some point.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  smadronia Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:32 am

Abrogate wrote:
That's about what I'm thinking at the moment. I'm only at ~4k right now, and I'm not planning on going much above that. Honestly, I don't see the point.

The only other thing I could see you wanting, but not needing, would be an epic flying mount. Handy if you have a gathering profession, although still not required. That's the only thing I plan on needing to get gold for, enchants and gems should be a one time thing, and repairs aren't that much.

smadronia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down