Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mutilate Rogue: Death by a thousand paper cuts

3 posters

Go down

The Mutilate Rogue: Death by a thousand paper cuts Empty The Mutilate Rogue: Death by a thousand paper cuts

Post  DehNutCase Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:51 pm

It's... it's... OVER NINE THOUSAND.
Overused meme aside, this build actully does do over 9000 dps when coupled with 6 stacks of Strength of Wrynn, which means it does about 7000 without it, in blues... what the heck?
Note: DPS=Damage Per Second
CP= Combo Point
BiS=Best in Slot
H=Heroic
AH= Auction House
agi=Agility
DK=Death Knight
Snd=Slice and Dice
cp=Combo Point
Talent Build (And Glyphs)
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#f0ef0exoVboIuVo0xV0xcZ0b:fTIcVm
The talent build itself is rather obvious, of the DPS increasing talents in assassination only turn the tables is skipped, because it's worthless. The three points in lightning reflexes is beacuse auto attack hurts doing roughly 25% of the total DPS, meaning it gives about a 2.5% increase. The two points in opportunity is to boost the DPS of our main CP generator, mutilate.
The glyphs of Mutilate, Rupture, and Hunger for Blood are taken because they are the only ones that boost DPS at all.

Rotation: Start off with a SnD (Don't need a 5cp one, just toss a combo move and then use it, will be kept up with Envenom) Keep up a 5cp Rupture, spend all extra cps on (5cp) Envenoms, naturally using Mutilate to generate the cps.
tl:dr Mutilate, SnD, Repeat this [Mutilate Mutilate Rupture, Mutilate Mutilate Envenom] (This isn't really optimal, but it's easy to remember.)

BiS gear: (Next to the name is where it's obtained)
Head Helm of Cheated Fate (H Gundrak)
Neck Susurrating Shell Necklace (10 Champions Seal, the Argent Tournament)
Shoulders Spaulders of the Careless Thief (H Nexus)
Chest Crystal-Infused Tunic (H Nexus)
Waist Batrider's Cord (H Drak'Tharon Keep)
Legs Ravenous Leggings of the Furbolg (H Utgarde Pinnacle)
Feet Boots of the Whirling Mist (H Halls of Stone)
Wrist Drake-Champion's Bracers (Occulus trash drop, find it on the AH)
Hands Charged-Bolt Grips (H Halls of Lightning)
Finger1 Stained-Glass Shard Ring (World Drop, find it on the AH)
Finger2 Bjarngrim Family Signet (H Halls of lightning)
Trinket1 Meteorite Whetstone (H Utgarde Pinnacle)
Trinket2 Incisor Fragment (H Drak'Tharon Keep)
Back Cloak of the Gushing Wound (H Violet Hold)
MainHand Broken Stalactite (Revered with Sons of Hodir, ouch, rep grind.)
OffHand Librarian's Paper Cutter (Trash drop in H Halls of Lightning, look it up on the AH)
Ranged Amanitar Skullbow (H Ahn'Kahet: The Old Kingdom)

Miscellaneous Character Info:
Race: Night Elf (This is important, the few extra points of agi they have on other races are extremely important, no really, actually it's just because shadowmeld also triggers the talent Overkill, the agi is nothing to sneeze at either.)
Professions: JC and BS (Agi, socket agi for everything, EVERYTHING)
Consumeables: Flask of Endless Rage, Potion of Speed
Enchants: Torment for Head, Axe for shoulder, Major Agi for back, Greater Assault for Boots and Bracers, Crusher for hand, Icescale Leg Armor for Legs, Super Stats for Chest, and Mongoose Enchants for the Daggers.

It looks like I have to eat my words about Dual Wield DKs beating everything in terms of DPS.

DehNutCase

Back to top Go down

The Mutilate Rogue: Death by a thousand paper cuts Empty Re: The Mutilate Rogue: Death by a thousand paper cuts

Post  Lethorgic Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:01 am

MainHand Broken Stalactite (Revered with Sons of Hodir, ouch, rep grind.)
Since a few patches ago (forgot exactly where), you automatically gain Revered with SoH when you complete the questline, not to mention the fact that you would have grinded the rep anyway for the shoulder enchant Razz

Of the gear posted I'd say the Cloak of the Gushing Wound (H Violet Hold) could take a lot longer to obtain. I have been trying to get it myself as it is also BiS for beartank, but since it drops from one of the random bosses, the chance to get it is actually pretty low (~12% per run).

All that aside, 7k dps on blue gear is astonishing. Looks like we could use a rogue or two when we go after the "impossible" bosses.

Lethorgic

Back to top Go down

The Mutilate Rogue: Death by a thousand paper cuts Empty Re: The Mutilate Rogue: Death by a thousand paper cuts

Post  Lethorgic Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:38 am

Actually, I was curious so decided to check this build to see how it would perform, and I found some glaring differences between our BiS gear lists, talents, and gemming. I am unsure if this is because of new Rawr releases or otherwise, but I will sum up my findings here.

Starting with talents, first of all 2/5 Relentless Strikes wins me about 36 DPS over 2/2 Opportunity.
Also Turn the Tables is worth ~4 dps more per point than Find Weakness, but due to being higher up the tier, I found 2/3 Find Weakness and 1/3 Turn the Tables to give me the best result at another 4 dps. Glyphs are the same.

Head of the Watcher gives me another 53 (!) dps over the Gun'Drak one, mostly because of the Meta socket I presume. This in turn changes some other pieces around, namely Centrifuge Core Cloak as back-slot item, Mobius Band in place of the Bjarngrim Family Signet, and switching around the MH to Librarian's Paper Cutter and OH to Broken Stalactite. All other gear / enchants are the same.

Then the gemming, which on my character calculates stacking AP as higher DPS value than stacking Agi, in turn making any other profession (Ench / LW / Tailor / Inscription / Alch) superior to BS, as they scaled with epic gems whereas the BS sockets still limit us to blue gems. I chose Ench and was able to squeeze out another 16AP.

Other gems that changed are (obviously) the meta socket with +21agi +3%crit damage, and in the blue slot +8agi +12stam (not sure why in this case it outperforms 16Ap 12stam, but Rawr knows things I do not I suppose), and in the chest an orange +16ap +8crit in the yellow slot. Otherwise 32 / 68 AP in every socket.

All this with every single buff in the game and double Haste pot trick, and using NE rogue yields me 6948 dps (6951 with Troll Rogue) before any stacks of Hellscream's Warsong, and >9000! at 6 stacks.

Lethorgic

Back to top Go down

Post  jukido Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:01 pm

Rotation: Start off with a SnD (Don't need a 5cp one, just toss a combo move and then use it, will be kept up with Envenom) Keep up a 5cp Rupture, spend all extra cps on (5cp) Envenoms, naturally using Mutilate to generate the cps.
tl:dr Mutilate, SnD, Repeat this [Mutilate Mutilate Rupture, Mutilate Mutilate Envenom] (This isn't really optimal, but it's easy to remember.)

business opportunity
Symptoms menopause

jukido

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum