Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

/LFM Ideas and Feedback – link achiev

2 posters

Go down

/LFM Ideas and Feedback – link achiev  Empty /LFM Ideas and Feedback – link achiev

Post  WeekendWarrior Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 pm

I'd like some feedback on an idea. Let me know if you think it's good, bad or somewhere in between.

Besides recruitment - getting enough folks agree to be online at the same time to start raiding is probably the biggest problem we need to solve. I think it’s safe to assume we all have busy lives and trying to balance work, family, and personal time makes it hard enough to make time for friends much less a bunch of strangers that want to raid casually in the game.

The thought of trying to spam trade with this just says epic fail to me: /LFM need dps, tanks and heals must have low gear score and know your class – must not have achievement

Here's the idea. I’m thinking that we should try to create an alliance along the lines of SASU to try to form a bigger pool of people to set up raids with. I don’t have any personal experience with this type of thing and I stumbled across this while reading some forums.

http://www.sasu-er.org/

Below is info from the site:

“SASU stands for Sword and Spells United.”

“SASU is an alliance of guilds and free agents cooperating together on end-game content on the Earthen Ring Server.”

“SASU was formed to provide smaller guilds access to a larger pool of people, activities, raids, resources, and end game content. It expanded to include unguilded individuals, as well as members from larger guilds whose schedules' did not mesh well with their guilds', or even large guilds who just happen to appreciate SASU's environment and the advantages it offers.”
“SASU also aims to provide a mature, role-play friendly environment free from the less savory types that are often found in the more general Earthen Ring population.”

I was thinking we could call it “The Undergeared Alliance”

The alliance info would read something like this:

“The goal is to enable folks with busy schedules who do not have a lot of time to raid on a regular basis the ability to experience end game content on normal mode without having to grind endlessly for better gear to power through the encounters or be accepted by trade channel pugs looking to fill holes using gearscore metrics to judge your skill.”

“The current project is to raid though all of the Lich King content on normal – with nothing higher than Blue level gear. Following the same rules for gear as the guild.”

“They do not have to join the “Undergeared” guild. They can stay in their current guild or (remain guildless if that be the case) and sign up to participate in raids and be willing to follow all the same guidelines.”

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Feedback in the form of experience with alliances, scheduling or other constructive feedback is desired. I also want to know if anyone is against this and reasons why. Any other ideas?

Mythstaken

Last edited by WeekendWarrior on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

WeekendWarrior

Back to top Go down

/LFM Ideas and Feedback – link achiev  Empty Re: /LFM Ideas and Feedback – link achiev

Post  WeekendWarrior Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:28 pm

First to clarify the 'link achievement' in the title was meant as a joke - a parody of the trade chat link achievement. My attempt at humor. Anyway I’m hoping that now I explained that people will feel free to comment on this without having to link any idea achievements.

Ok, so… With no experience at creating a website or a blog I tried to put something together so that folks could take a look and see what I was thinking of and provide some suggestions on how to make it better.

Here it is so far: http://theundergearedalliance.blogspot.com/

I’m a bit stuck now on the application process. So any suggestions? I was thinking about having them send me an in game mail with the name of their toon, Class/Spec, what role they would like to do, raiding experience on this toon, and what their preferred day and time to raid would be. I would then armory the person, and add their name to the invite list for scheduled raids. Maybe I should ask that they do some type of qualification run in a 5 man with us first before they get an invite for a raid? I would somehow like to have other people involved with this so that I don't screw up and get someone listed as an alliance participant who should not be.

I was planning on posting scheduled raids on the blog and if folks sign up to receive updates then they should get an email notification when a new post is up right?

I believe that I can add other people as authors on this blog so that others can post proposed raid dates and get people to send them an email. So that as time goes by it can be self sustaining with or without my participation.

I wanted to get this worked out before I tried to post about it on the guild recruitment forums. Eventually if this works out, some of these folks may decide to join the guild for preferred raid position status. If nothing else it could get us some additional folks to fill out a raid that we could not do by asking in trade chat. Yes it could mean that we would end up with folks that are not as experienced as we would like, maybe not as good of players as they could be, but we could end up with folks who are really good but just can’t get into a raiding guild because of their schedule and attendance requirements.

Ok – so what can I do to make this better? Your feedback and suggestions are much needed please.

Mythstaken

WeekendWarrior

Back to top Go down

/LFM Ideas and Feedback – link achiev  Empty Re: /LFM Ideas and Feedback – link achiev

Post  Ghaune Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:57 pm

In the efforts of drumming up some support / membership, I started a recruitment thread on the WoW Realm forums.

The thread is at: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26560566455&postId=265580363656&sid=1#0

Ghaune

Back to top Go down

Post  WeekendWarrior Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:52 pm

Good job on the recruitment post - I thought it read well.

Myth

WeekendWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  WeekendWarrior Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:44 pm

Bumped your recruitment post - added a post about "The Undergeared Alliance" and copied your recruitment post into the alliance guild recruitment forums.

Myth

WeekendWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down