Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday Night get together on the 12th of Aug

2 posters

Go down

Thursday Night get together on the 12th of Aug Empty Thursday Night get together on the 12th of Aug

Post  WeekendWarrior Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:05 pm

(I meant to put this under Horatio's thread on Undergeared in Action but I goofed that up)

A few of us got together Thursday night. At first it was just Mero and me (Myth) - WG was underway and for a change it seemed as though the Alliance side might win out during prime time. Well that didn't happen. Overwelming odds? Lack of defense on the towers? Unable to coordinate efforts? Lack of people knowing what to do and work together as a team? But anyway... After waiting a bit for others to come online Mero and I que'd up for a random after I asked in trade if anyone wanted to que with us. Got one DPS and we zoned in to Nexus. Had one mishap - me running off of a archway falling to my death. Caused by a unique problem for me when I play on my laptop - sometimes I make contact with the touch pad which causes me to shift directions unintentionally. Anyway someone should tell Blizzard to put some handrails up there - safety hazard - I'm sure I'm not the only one whose done that right? Anyway the Healer dropped group - then the dps, then the dps we got from trade would not click to choose a role when we tried to reque so we ended up vote kicking him. The next group we got in was good, and we finished up the instance without any other memorable moments. Mero's dps was rocking - better than most of the dps in either group. As a matter of fact it was better than most of the dps in the next 2 randoms we ran after Horatio came on line. I do not have the gearscore addon but I'm guessing Horatio or Mero could confirm that Mero's gearscore was lower that the 8 other dps we ran with and he was in the number 1 or 2 position thoughout the fights.

I can see I might need a bit more work on my multi target threat, I really should get my glyphs straightened out - swap out my cat for bear glyphs and get my head and legs enchanted. Maybe I'll carry a stack of glyphs to swap out. My single target threat was good - so I'm happy with that. If some of the dps would have tossed in a MD or a Tricks in their rotation that would have helped. Why some of the dps were off doing there own thing rather than targeting my target - I'll never know. So my tank set is mostly complete with what I noted above. If anyone has suggestions let me know - always want to improve. I built my healing set first since we seemed to have a need for that, so that's why I'm still tinkering with my tank set.

What I realized after thinking about the runs last night is that as we work together we learn how to compliment each other's style of play. Mero figured out that I can't hold a group of mobs as well as other tanks so his AOE ended up pulling aggro and ending up dying. I got a bit more comfortable in the tank role knowing that Horatio had my back. (until the last run when he realized that he was healing in his dps gear after queing up as heals/dps thinking he wouldn't have to heal - ha Smile ) I was able focus more on pulling mobs and keeping threat and less about if I was going to die.

Hope to see more of us online this Saturday night! If you rolled a toon to tank or heal with I highly recommend running with us in blues. The reason is as dps you can get some feedback from recount and a target dummy and guage your performance somewhat. If you are tanking in blues it's hard to tell how much the healer is carrying you or if your healing in blues and the tank is well geared - there is not much need for heals so you can't tell how well you are doing. So the only way you can improve is to come out and work out the bugs with the rest of us. Trial by fire.

Myth

Last edited by WeekendWarrior on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)

WeekendWarrior

Back to top Go down

Thursday Night get together on the 12th of Aug Empty Re: Thursday Night get together on the 12th of Aug

Post  Mero Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:15 am

Glyphwise, I think Glyph of Maul might help out your multitarget woes. It's pretty fantastic.

If we get 5 people online soon, I'd like to try H ToC in all blues as a starting point. Shouldn't be terribly difficult aside from getting five actual people : /

~Mero

Mero

Back to top Go down

Thursday Night get together on the 12th of Aug Empty Glyph of Maul and going to respec my talents

Post  WeekendWarrior Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:27 pm

Mero,

I think you are right - I also looked at my talents - I'm going to try to respec for tonight to go fully bear tank - I was missing a lot of good talents that would improve armor and survivability. I was aiming more for a dps role with my current build with the occasional offtank type role but I'd like to jump in and go for it as a tank until someone better comes around. Already got my head gear enchanted - the instance runs we had been doing got me revered with the Argent guys so I was able to pick it up this morning.

Myth

WeekendWarrior

Back to top Go down

Thursday Night get together on the 12th of Aug Empty Re: Thursday Night get together on the 12th of Aug

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down