Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruiting

2 posters

Go down

Recruiting Empty Recruiting

Post  WeekendWarrior Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Well I was on this weekend. More than I have been able to for awhile. The previous weekend being Easter so I was spending more time with my family. This last Saturday night ended up being a family movie night for us. Finally saw Men Who Stare at Goats - loved it. But anyways to the point of this post, I know that we do not seem to have enough folks at 80 to raid yet. So I have been thinking about how to recruit some more folks. What follows is my fail attempt to recruit some folks in the 70s that would possible be interested and be trying to gear up to join some raids. I /who and whispered about 6 folks between some BGs I was doing and I finally got one person who was interested. I screenshoted the chat and just retyped it for here. I thought it was rather funny. Thought I'd share it with you all.

If I remember correctly Killertimes is a level 71 rogue.

To (Killertimes): Hi - <Undergeared> is recruiting good players for a “Raid in Blues” project – pst me if you would like to know more please
(Killertimes) whispers: raid in blues?
To (Killertimes): yes – we will raid in all Blue gear – no epics
To (Killertimes): it will be a casual raid schedule – 1 day a week
(Killertimes) whispers: which raids??
To (Killertimes): all the ICC raids – in normal
(Killertimes) whispers: im not 80
To (Killertimes): I know I’m looking for folks who will be 80 soon
(Killertimes) whispers: oh ill join then I guess

You have invited Killertimes to join your guild

So at this point I try to provide Killertimes more info about the basics of the guild to help him get started on the right foot.

To (Killertimes): I have to tell you this isn’t your normal social guild
(Killertimes) whispers: what you mean?
To (Killertimes): we don’t tell people grats in guild chat or lol and stuff like that
(Killertimes) whispers: ok np
To (Killertimes): here is a link for more info about the project
To (Killertimes): http://undergeared.omgforum.net
To (Killertimes): just keep leveling up and try to get the best Blue gear you can and know your class and you will be all set
(Killertimes) whispers: whi do icc in blue gear
(Killertimes) whispers: you need epics to raid
To (Killertimes): well we think that skill is better than gear
(Killertimes) whispers: k
(Guild) (Killertimes):____
(Guild) (Killertimes):____)_______
(Guild) (Killertimes):____________D PENIS
(Guild) (Killertimes):____)

Killertimes has been kicked out of the guild by Mythstaken.

(Killertimes) whispers: ?
To (Killertimes): k : )
(Killertimes) whispers: what did I do???
(Killertimes) whispers: ???????????
To (Killertimes): we don’t want imature folks in the guild but thanks
(Killertimes) whispers: immature? wtf did I do?
(Killertimes) whispers: was it something in guild chat?
(Killertimes) whispers: cause I went to the bathroom
(Killertimes) whispers: and my brother went downstairs wen I went up
(Killertimes) whispers: OMG he must of did it

Killertimes is now being ignored.

So I apologized to a couple of folks that were online and explained what just happened and hope they come here and read the rest of the story.

WeekendWarrior

Back to top Go down

Recruiting Empty Re: Recruiting

Post  Voric Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:38 am

It was me and my wife (Ptahna) who were on during this, and we were quite amazed and happy to see the swift action taken against something like this. Even if he was telling the truth about his "brother" he deserved the kick because he can't control those people around him, not to mention having such a macro in the first place just reinforces the fact that he was immature.

Voric

Back to top Go down

Post  WeekendWarrior Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:59 pm

I was really surprised because it happened so fast. I thought the same thing - he might have been telling the truth, but then if he can't control his account useage then he has no place in the guild. We would have to deal with his "brother" ??? nope - I'm not going to babysit some middle school moron. But I thought the idea was worth a try anyway.

I'm not sure if posting in the forums will bring us some better quality folks. I imagine at least it will reach people who are able to read and who are actually looking to join a guild like ours and would require less upfront explaining. An alternative idea would be to just try to form groups for instances from the server and then join the LFD que. This way you would at least group with people on the server who may be interested in Blue raiding, or raiding on a casual schedule. The LFD tool was great for being able to get groups together faster but you just don't get to meet many people on the server that way.

Anyone else have any recruiting experience?

WeekendWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum