Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unholy Death-Knight DPS

+5
Chopsui
Niola
gnomeofzurich
Gevlon
Mundy
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Unholy Death-Knight DPS - Page 2 Empty Re: Unholy Death-Knight DPS

Post  Abrogate Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Had a big post typed up but apparently this forum clears posts if you hit your back button, damn.

I've been doing additional dummy testing now that my gear is essentially complete.

SS is my highest-damaging attack, DC is second. I found my RP gen was high enough that I abandoned a set rotation to add more Death Coils at the cost of Blood Strikes. Still, I ended up with more BS than SS or DC, making Sigil of the Dark rider my pick for #1 sigil.

Also did a bit more testing on the effect of haste on the gargoyle with that cast macro. Not sure why the number of casts dropped off so much from previous tests, my haste is about the same.

24.97% haste vs 7.37% haste:
11.5 casts, 1 melee swing avg over 6 summons.
10.67 casts, 1.16 melee swings avg over 6 summons.

My DPS seemed to be about the same regardless of trinket, but I think I'm going to stick with the Incisor Fragment for now because it seems friendlier for sensitive burn phases that might not line up with a trinket proc.

As a testament to the effectiveness of buffs, unbuffed I'm pushing about 2800-2900. With Might, Kings, MotW, and a feast, I was pushing 3400-3500 (all on the boss dummy).

Abrogate

Back to top Go down

Unholy Death-Knight DPS - Page 2 Empty Re: Unholy Death-Knight DPS

Post  jukido Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:01 pm

My DPS seemed to be about the same regardless of trinket, but I think I'm going to stick with the Incisor Fragment for now because it seems friendlier for sensitive burn phases that might not line up with a trinket proc.

As a testament to the effectiveness of buffs, unbuffed I'm pushing about 2800-2900. With Might, Kings, MotW, and a feast, I was pushing 3400-3500 (all on the boss dummy).
business opportunity
Symptoms menopause

jukido

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2