Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undergeared U.S. Version

+28
Verde
DehNutCase
Newtron
Torrenlin
Wyrmrider
Verinda
Fencer
shizumaru
chemminger
Dhirken
Ditto
Nithe
b0x
Wakarrie
Brightfire
Forreststump
Skinburn
Deadeye
Celyddon
Gristly
dorelei
Niola
Sintharia
rlwjr
Bear
Axelrod
gnomeofzurich
Kerouac
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Undergeared U.S. Version Empty Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Kerouac Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:37 am

U.S. Version

If anyone decides to copy this experiment on the North American side of the Atlantic (competition would be amusing - I tend to think the dumb-ass titer is higher over here however) I'd be in. Since the strats would be the same - using the same Undergeared forum community would make sense. Similar to E.J. - Use the same EJ rules / Gevlon's troll rules to ban M&S and delete useless posts.

Anyone in Canada / US willing beside myself? We won't have Gevlon bankrolling though - so you'll have to work a bit harder. Level to 20 on your own server and take some gold with you...
Kerouac
Kerouac
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

Undergeared U.S. Version Empty Bankroll for US version

Post  gnomeofzurich Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:53 pm

You know, I don't want to start another account, nor do I want to pay a transfer, and I have 60k sitting on my main banker that I don't really know what the heck I'll spend it on, given that I'm not likely to hardcore raid anymore, and can't seem to find anyone who wants to raid casually.

I won't be willing to bankroll to the degree that Gevlon is (because I want to keep at least 15k capital, and will not be willing to spend hours making 100k+ gold), but I'd be willing to do a fair bit if we do a US version on my home server of The Forgotten Coast alliance.

Also, I have alts on that server already in their 40s that could be used, or an 80 mage that hasn't raided seriously since Burning Crusade (he does have a couple bosses in uldaur, OS, VoA and bits of naxx, but no secrets, or even keepers, doesn't even have fall of naxxramas)

Anyway, I'd supply 50g and 4 silk packs to start, and really given that we are recruiting from goblins and wannabe goblins, that should be enough for people to have a fair bit of gold by the time they hit 80. Be willing to gather as you level and spend a little time in the ah making gold.

If it looks like we have a shot at enough interest to actually put together a 10player group come january/february then:

I'll put up 500g toward leveling raiding profs and do free enchants (nothing with abyss crystals per blue rules) for anybody who hits 80 with a defensible rotation and gear plan and runs a heroic with my druid (my sometime raider from 3.0/3.1 who can carry all but serious failplayers in most wrath heroics as tank and does well enough as healer or dps) without failing.

I'll let my performance be judged by somebody else, and I do not want to be GM, so this offer is conditional on somebody I can respect deciding to roll and be GM.

I'll create the guild undergeared and buy a 1tab guild bank this week if there looks to be interest.

I don't see as we really need more than 1 tab, I'm assuming most of you will create your own bankalts with bank guilds and this will obviously not be a communist like endeavor. The bank is there to facilitate transfers only, I don't plan to keep anything in there. (It will all be on my bank alt: gnomeozurich in his own guild)

gnomeofzurich
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

Undergeared U.S. Version Empty Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Axelrod Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:17 pm

I'd be interested but we need more visibility than just a post on this forum. Maybe we could ask Gevlon to do a formal post on his blog for us ?

Axel

Axelrod

Back to top Go down

Post  Bear Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:45 pm

Count me in for a North American push.

Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  rlwjr Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:46 pm

I'd be interested.... I've done a total of one raid in my 1.5 year WoW career. I don't consider myself M&S though. Hanging out waiting to hear what server........

rlwjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sintharia Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:57 pm

Good luck guys! Let me know when you have garnered some more interest, and I'll look to fixing the forums, so US get a separate little section here.

Sinthra
Sintharia
Sintharia
Webmaster
Webmaster

http://undergeared.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerouac Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:12 am

Sintharia wrote:Good luck guys! Let me know when you have garnered some more interest, and I'll look to fixing the forums, so US get a separate little section here.

Sinthra

Thank you Sintharia.

Okay, I'll chime in with gnomeofzurich - having some bank behind us keeps the juxtaposition to Gevlon's EU group similar. I also agree that we need to ask Gevlon if he is interested enough to make an announcement on his blog (multi-site trials are stronger Gev, they add to the strength of your analysis) because without more interest we won't get very far.

So we'll play on Server: The Forgotten Coast - Alliance It's a PvP server - which is fine, but is Gevlon's server PvP on the EU side? A slight difference.

I can't commit to being a GM either - not that gnomeofzurich knows me from Adam and thus would have any respect - but I'll have to see that the guild is happening before paying for a transfer. Lévesque the Druid can be an officer if desired -(the name Kerouac is taken on that server)- I read Gevlon's site daily and have no problem helping enforce his rules. No way this toon will be ready for WotLK content by even February however.

I had hoped to be Horde just because I have a 70 Troll hunter I was going to bring to 80. I've never raided as Horde. But Alliance is fine - I'll swap servers AND change to alliance. I've not raided with a Hunter before - only a couple 5 mans in BC before I quit the hordeside entirely.

So we need a Gevlonesque GM and a blog push by Gev. Continue to post below if you are interested, and at least roll a toon to join Undergeared so we can gauge interest.
Kerouac
Kerouac
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Niola Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:40 am

Arathor is a PVE realm

Niola

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerouac Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:05 am

Niola wrote:Arathor is a PVE realm

Ah. Thanks. Well, it would have been a problem at one point because of transfers, but they did away with that. It will change things from Gev's experience in one way - but gives him more information to blog about in another way.
Kerouac
Kerouac
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

Undergeared U.S. Version Empty PVP server

Post  gnomeofzurich Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:36 am

The one disadvantage of a PvP server is that it makes leveling harder. That said my experience lately leveling alts is that this is a minimal problem, because so few people are in old content. Especially if there is a critical mass of us working at the same time.

I also don't have any skin in the game. If somebody else wants to step up with a similar bankroll offer on a different server, I'm happy to let you run with it.

Basically I don't want to pay real money, and I'm not interested in selling gold though I have way more than I need just from occasional fun ah play, so if offering a pile of gold gets it on my server, I'm good to go. If not, I'll roll a new alt wherever, and probably get to 80 around the time you guys either clear everything or give up Smile.

gnomeofzurich
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  rlwjr Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:38 am

I'm not playing on a PVP server...... just don't care for it.

As far as money goes, I don't see needing much funding. I plan on making a DK, then just playing the AH with the starter money. Send the gatherings from my play character to the DK to sell on the AH. It's what I did on my main server, and I've never felt poor.

rlwjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerouac Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:52 am

gnomeofzurich wrote:The one disadvantage of a PvP server is that it makes leveling harder.

... if offering a pile of gold gets it on my server, I'm good to go.

Shrug. The perks for being first out of the gate and making the offer is that it puts it on your server (says the guy with the idea to copy Gevlon - nothing stopping people from doing what they want though). If we don't commit and start it won't happen. I'm more concerned about finding a proper GM than I am the PvP server.

We'll have to see if Gevlon reads this thread and finds it interesting enough to post on his blog (or some other blogger writes it up and links to Gevlons original post and this website?). What name are we looking for gnomeofzurich? My new toon is ready for his silk bags and minor funds.
Kerouac
Kerouac
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

Undergeared U.S. Version Empty Need a healer?

Post  dorelei Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:16 pm

I'm on the Llane server (PvE) right now and have a low level priest. This experiment sounds really interesting so if you need a priest or other healer I'd be willing to give it a try. Has a server been picked yet? It sounded like there was discussion on a PvP or PvE.

dorelei

Back to top Go down

Post  Gristly Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:23 pm

I'm definitely interested in joining this project, probably as a hunter or mage. My raid availability is limited, but I would like to participate at least in the leveling and gearing process regardless, then see how the raiding schedule develops.

Gristly

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerouac Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:34 pm

dorelei wrote:I'm on the Llane server (PvE) right now and have a low level priest. This experiment sounds really interesting so if you need a priest or other healer I'd be willing to give it a try. Has a server been picked yet? It sounded like there was discussion on a PvP or PvE.

Vote in the poll. It basically comes down to PvP with gold backing and PvE without support.

Thus far the vote is tilting towards the PvP server The Forgotten Coast - Alliance but now that Gevlon provided us a link from his blog I'll give it a couple days to sort itself out.

I've made a new toon on Forgotten Coast, and gnomeofzurich already provided me silk bags, 10 gold (its all I wanted - 5 would have been fine really), and the most important thing for sheer ease was a port to Dalaran. Setting up Dal as a homebase from level 5 should help leveling immensely - already trained all my weapon skills for example without wasting huge amounts of time running / boating / and dying from the Nelf lands to SW and IF.
Kerouac
Kerouac
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Celyddon Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:37 pm

I want to take part in this, but I don't have any alliance toons. Is there a need to be Allaince? Or is that where our bank it?

Celyddon

Back to top Go down

Undergeared U.S. Version Empty Transfers OK?

Post  Deadeye Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:14 pm

As per Gevlon's experiment, transfers are OK, right? I have a 62 shammie I'd definitely bring...

Deadeye

Back to top Go down

Post  gnomeofzurich Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:30 pm

Yes, bank is alliance side. I created the guild last night, guild name is Undergeared. Current GM is my paladin alt Meneldil who I'm planning to put into the project if I level him fast enough. But if everybody is thinking the same way as me and we have nothing but paladins and druids, I also have 40ish warlock and priest alts that could go instead. If and when we decide on this as the server and have a GM decided, I will transfer the reigns.

I don't recommend transferring anybody until we have a firm decision on server and GM, and enough people to have a reasonable shot at putting a respectable 10raid together. Roll a level 1 and join to see what's up, even if you plan to transfer somebody else.

The rules would be the same as Gevlon's -- no class you've already raided seriously with, no purples. I'm amenable to modifying the no purple rule for raids higher than Uld10 but only after we get that far and have some serious discussion about it.

Bankroll update: Probably not going to do silk packs, heavy leather is ridiculous on my server right now. Instead I'll give 1 netherweave bag and an extra gold to buy 3 8 slot vendor bags. Same total space, and the netherweave will be good enough until 80 for most. With this project being advertised primarily to goblins and goblin wannabes, I'm expecting that everything after the initial startup pack is more of a pot sweetener than something people will need. 500g and free enchants will probably mean nothing but a saved hour or so to most of you by the time you hit 80.

Incidentally, I'm good to bankroll this as promised even if I don't end up in the raids because I don't level fast enough or it's decided that my play isn't good enough. I'd like to see it done.

gnomeofzurich
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Skinburn Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Just got my wife to try WoW, RaF leveling on whatever server is decided on. Any specific needs classwise?

Skinburn

Back to top Go down

Post  dorelei Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Does it look like we will be high on healers and short on DPS then?

I was going to roll a Draenei Priest, does that still make sense?

dorelei

Back to top Go down

Post  Forreststump Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:18 pm

Seeing as how current ICC content is already on farm...

Wait - already on farm? THAT IS THE POINT, is it not? The ease of WoW content?

I have my reservations about survivability for tanks - but want to give it a shot.

It's all good. My current raiding toons (in order of precedence) are druid, paladin, and DK. My inclination is to roll a Disc/Shadow dual-spec priest, but am going to hold off a bit to see where the role shortages lie (especially based on the last couple posts indicating a healer OVERAGE - LOLWUT?!? APOCALYPSE INCOMING!!). 'Tis part of my hybrid mentality - wanting to see where I can best assist.

Forreststump

Back to top Go down

Post  gnomeofzurich Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:23 pm

At the moment I would roll what you want to roll. I don't see anything wrong with a priest

I think we are likely to get a lot of druids and paladins while it would be nice to have at least one or two of every class in an eventual 25 raid. That said, uldaur in blues can probably be done with 10 druids or 10 paladins, but I doubt it's happening with 10 rogues. I can never be too sure about 10 hunters or 10 warlocks, but I'm gonna guess that's also a no.

It makes more sense to worry about class balance when we get closer. As Gevlon said in the EU forums: They have 8 paladins (probably more by now), but that doesn't mean they have 8 paladins in their raid. They have 8 lvl 5-25 paladins, some of whom may level to 80 in time and prove good enough, and some who may not.

Right now, we don't even have 10 people posted here or rolled and in the guild yet, so it's pretty premature to talk about what we need or don't need. Until we start running together and leveling up, we really won't know who we have and who is likely to fall by the wayside. I say roll what you want. Get in the guild and see who's around, you can always change your mind when you see what we have.

gnomeofzurich
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brightfire Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:23 pm

I've got a question:
What's the stance on heirloom items for leveling? Technically, I believe they are about the equivelent of blues. Allowed or No?

One other point I'd like to bring up. I noticed a few people say that since everyone here is a Goblin or wannabe Goblin, making money should be no issue. True, to an extent, but that also means a higher concentration of Goblins on one server then what's usual. While any Goblin(or wannabe Goblin) worth his salt will just find a niche market or two and make money regardless, it will mean more competition on AH then what most of us are probably used to. Just a thought.

Brightfire

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakarrie Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:24 pm

I'm definatly in on this, might roll a dk since I haven't tried those, possibly a tank dk.

Wakarrie

Back to top Go down

Post  b0x Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:27 pm

I have a soon to be 80 ret/holy paladin I may consider bringing, although I may just opt to roll a DK. I would like to tank since its something Ive never done, so a DK may not be a bad idea. I would just like to throw out there that I really loathe leveling, so anything (like a pve instead of pvp server) that makes that quicker and easier is a big plus in my book. I would also be willing to provide around 5k gold to help hasten the process. This should be very fun if it gets off the ground. I will also talk to some of my current guild mates on suramar to see if there is any interest.

b0x

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next