Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undergeared U.S. Version

+28
Verde
DehNutCase
Newtron
Torrenlin
Wyrmrider
Verinda
Fencer
shizumaru
chemminger
Dhirken
Ditto
Nithe
b0x
Wakarrie
Brightfire
Forreststump
Skinburn
Deadeye
Celyddon
Gristly
dorelei
Niola
Sintharia
rlwjr
Bear
Axelrod
gnomeofzurich
Kerouac
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Undergeared U.S. Version - Page 2 Empty Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Forreststump Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:31 pm

Brightfire wrote:I've got a question:
What's the stance on heirloom items for leveling? Technically, I believe they are about the equivelent of blues. Allowed or No?

I'm not in a position of authority in any way (unless you all are insane enough to do so at some point in the not-too-distant future muahahahaha), but I would answer this as "Why Not?" The blues restriction is for the raiding gear, and I can't think of a ilvl200 blue that is NOT superior to an heirloom.

Forreststump

Back to top Go down

Undergeared U.S. Version - Page 2 Empty Making gold

Post  dorelei Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:57 pm

It may help at some point to create a topic where we list our professions or gold making strategies. It would make it easier for some people to team up if they want to.

I won't be doing anything but gathering at first until I have a good idea of what the economy is like. That said, I'm also going to take advantage of Winter Veil fever around recipes and items (over 6 g for a recipe that sells for 25 silver? I'm there).

dorelei

Back to top Go down

Post  rlwjr Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:36 pm

Okay.... consider my arm twisted.... I'll give it a shot on the PvP server.

My toon is named "Navidad"..... I didn't see Menedil on, but if you see me, send me an invite.

rlwjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithe Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:46 pm

Nithe, level 1 human paladin. I'm going to get started.

Nithe

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditto Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:46 pm

I'll likely roll a DK tonight, just for the higher starting level. On my main server, we still raid 4 nights a week (Ditto / Becoming on US-Shadowsong), so I'll have limited time to dedicate to leveling, but still do so fairly quickly.

That said, the raid times in Gevlon's post were set at the get go for the project. What will the raid day / time be for the US version?

Ditto

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithe Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:58 pm

Ditto wrote:That said, the raid times in Gevlon's post were set at the get go for the project. What will the raid day / time be for the US version?

There is no way of knowing at this point. Though, I would imagine it would conform to the schedules of whoever makes it to 80.

Nithe

Back to top Go down

Post  Forreststump Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:50 pm

dorelei wrote:It may help at some point to create a topic where we list our professions or gold making strategies. It would make it easier for some people to team up if they want to.

I won't be doing anything but gathering at first until I have a good idea of what the economy is like. That said, I'm also going to take advantage of Winter Veil fever around recipes and items (over 6 g for a recipe that sells for 25 silver? I'm there).

Side project: How one small, casual guild can dominate an entire economy. Laughing

Forreststump

Back to top Go down

Post  Nithe Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:58 pm

Forreststump wrote:Side project: How one small, casual guild can dominate an entire economy. Laughing

I wouldn't be interested in trying to create a monopoly.

Though, having 10 to 20 more goblins on a server will surely affect it's economy.

Nithe

Back to top Go down

Post  Forreststump Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:11 am

Some thoughts about gear requirements:

Gevlon was pretty explicit in the "no epics" rule. But why? Is it all about the color of the letters that form the name of the gear? Really? Or... Is it really about the source of the gear, i.e. clearing raid content without gear only obtainable through raiding (or crafting because of raiding, i.e. Ulduar/ToC BoE crafting patterns)?

If it is the latter, then I would propose that two (possibly three) categories of epics are acceptable for this experiment: ilvl200 epics from Wrath-release Heroics, and crafted epics that are trainable by the applicable profession trainer. The possible third option would be NORMAL Trial of the Champion 5-man drops, since they are ilvl200 and requires no raiding. Off-limits: any gear from 10- or 25-man raids, Heroic Trial of the Champion, and any gear from Icecrown Citadel 5-mans.

In the area of gems and enchants, again I ask the same basic question: Is it the color of the text, or the source of the gem/enchant that matters? If, again, it is the latter, then epic gems should be allowed, as the only requirement to obtain the recipe is running a daily quest (repeatedly), and the raw stone is obtained through 5-man Heroic badges or prospecting, neither of which possesses a raiding requirement. Likewise, nearly all enchants can be obtained either from the trainer, or from the Shard Trader. The one enchant that comes to mind as off-limits: the now-popular Blade Ward that drops in Ulduar 25-man.

Forreststump

Back to top Go down

Post  Gristly Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:18 am

I rolled a Hunter, Gristly, on the Forgotten Coast. (My level 80 raid toons are a Warlock and a Priest. Also have a 71 Death Knight, 65 Warrior and 47 Shaman.)

Good timing with Winter Veil going on. Made 20g off that today to help jump-start myself.

Gristly

Back to top Go down

Post  Dhirken Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:30 am

Forreststump wrote:Some thoughts about gear requirements:

Gevlon was pretty explicit in the "no epics" rule. But why? Is it all about the color of the letters that form the name of the gear? Really? Or... Is it really about the source of the gear, i.e. clearing raid content without gear only obtainable through raiding (or crafting because of raiding, i.e. Ulduar/ToC BoE crafting patterns)?

Well, part of the reason to do this is to prove that we can, and as such telling everyone that we beat ICC in blues is (and sounds) more impressive.

On other fronts --- I've got a lvl 67 warrior that's been gathering dust for a while, so I'll drop a lvl 1 on the new server and transfer him over once I feel confident that this is actually going to get off the ground.

Dhirken

Back to top Go down

Post  chemminger Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:20 am

I would definitely be interested in this project. I currently have a level 71 DK on Suramar I am willing to transfer if this gets going. I would come as DPS (Unholy most likely).

chemminger

Back to top Go down

Post  shizumaru Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:27 am

I haven't rolled a character yet, but I'm totally interested in this project. I will be playing either a survival hunter or a rogue. Most likely a hunter though since my main is a feral druid.

shizumaru

Back to top Go down

Post  Fencer Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:57 am

Count me in. I'll start a lvl 1 Toon then transfer my currently-lvl 72 Rogue over from Muradin server if this thing gets going. I also might be willing to assist with funding for a Vent server if there is interest in that.

Fencer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakarrie Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:00 am

playing with a DK currently on Forgotten Coast, will xfer my 74 hunter over when everything gets going.

Wakarrie

Back to top Go down

Post  dorelei Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:20 am

I just created Aliqua, a Draenei priestess. Will level her later tonite. PST me after 8pm if anyone wants to group level

dorelei

Back to top Go down

Undergeared U.S. Version - Page 2 Empty Count me in

Post  Verinda Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:44 am

Verinda has been created. Aiming for something I've never done - dual spec as resto/enhancement.

Verinda

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyrmrider Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:08 am

Tackling hardcore challenges on a casual schedule... If this sort of thing was more commonplace I'd never have quit raiding. Currently deciding what flavor of ranged DPS I'd like to try, but the name will be Wyrmrider. See you all on The Forgotten Coast!

--Wyrm

P.S. -- I've leveled a few alts on several different PvP servers, it's really not such a big deal. But personally I plan to use the new LFG tool along with a guild full of lowbies to avoid the issue entirely. Smile

Wyrmrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Torrenlin Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:38 am

I just created a female Draenai Shaman named Torrenlin on The Forgotten Coast server. I'd be interested in participating in Undergeared! My main is a level 80 Tauren Druid on Bloodhoof.

Torrenlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:25 am

I created Fini the Gnome Warlock. I imagine I'll make this my 'main alt' for the next few months, so I'll put in time fishing and cooking. I'm sure food will be handy in the end.
After this experiment ends, I'll have a character leveled up that I can transfer to my 'home realm'. I have a DK, Hunter and Priest at raiding level, but I've never created a warlock, or a gnome before Smile.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  DehNutCase Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:19 am

Made a prot warrior named Luncy, I intend to level him over the winter holidays hopefully getting to 80 before January.

DehNutCase

Back to top Go down

Undergeared U.S. Version - Page 2 Empty Alt

Post  Deadeye Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:32 am

Slashfic, Dranny shaman. I'll find M online for an inv.

Deadeye

Back to top Go down

Post  Verde Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:47 am

New born draenei paladin Verdandi for your service. Very Happy

Verde

Back to top Go down

Post  Skinburn Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:04 am

Skinburn the Tanking Draenei Death Knight is created. I chose DK because leveling sucks, less is good. If I need to roll another class to fill a void, let me know.

Skinburn

Back to top Go down

Undergeared U.S. Version - Page 2 Empty PvE alternative, ONLY if we have problems on Forgotten Coast

Post  Newtron Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:51 am

This is only if we have problems on Forgotten Coast. I have already rolled a warlock there and I'm cruising through the levels in Dun Morogh.

If we have to go to a PvE server, I'll offer up 10k gold and professional services on Moonrunner. Its not a lot of money, but I have an enchanter/tailor, jewelcrafter, blacksmith, leatherworker and engineer. My tailoring, jewelcrafting, leatherworking and enchanting are at 440+ and my engineering and blacksmithing are 300-350. On top of that, I do a steady business buying up greens and blues on the AH to DE for mats to auction. Even while I'm working on this project I will continue to have a moderate, but steady income that doesn't require alot of time. The 10k gold today will continue to grow steadily. My business is in the level 1-60 enchanting materials, so there will be a growing stock of infinite dust, greater cosmic essences and dream shards for enchants from any higher level items I might pick up off the auction house. I also have some abyss crystals piled up that I can shatter for more materials as needed.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next