Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North America Undergeared: The Forgotten Coast; Alliance

+2
Gristly
Kerouac
6 posters

Go down

North America Undergeared: The Forgotten Coast; Alliance Empty North America Undergeared: The Forgotten Coast; Alliance

Post  Kerouac Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:31 am

The poll is still 'up' because I don't have moderation rights - I think I hit 7 days when I put it up (mistake). However, its decided. We will be on the PvP server The Forgotten Coast on the Alliance side. Make your new toons, and honestly, the guild already seems active enough that I'm going to make my transfer.

Only 6 people were against PvP enough to vote that way. I hope you change your minds and join us anyway - at least give it an honest try. No one ever stepped forward to match GnomeofZurichs gold backing either - so its settled.
Kerouac
Kerouac
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

North America Undergeared: The Forgotten Coast; Alliance Empty Re: North America Undergeared: The Forgotten Coast; Alliance

Post  Gristly Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:52 am

For those interested in this project but not fond of world pvp (ie being corpse camped), keep in mind that the LFG tool is actually a pretty good way to level that doesn't require leaving the relative safety of your home city of choice.

Gristly

Back to top Go down

North America Undergeared: The Forgotten Coast; Alliance Empty Re: North America Undergeared: The Forgotten Coast; Alliance

Post  Kerouac Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:04 am

In between playing I'm slowly posting the below in the realm forums. So far just "A's" - its alot of forums. When I get to Forgotten Coast I'll skip it. Not worth the hassle of people already on that server joining for free bags and gold and quitting. The EU guild is bigger than us - they have the Gevlon star power? - and I'd like to attract some more people to help ensure we can actually raid at 80.

===========================

Content can be a joke. Skill > Purple

Gevlon, the gold-capped Greedy Goblin blogger has a new experiment just starting up – finding out what the “I’m just ungeared” idiots will say when a blue-geared bunch of class-inexperienced players with as-casual-as-can-be schedule clear the whole WotLK raiding content (on normal of course).

Details below but no links - I hate being considered a key logger - so if you are interested you should be able to find Gevlon's blogspot. You can google ‘greedy goblin’ and look for the ‘Undergeared’ section of the blog. He links to the guild (Undergeared) website. You could also just make an alliance alt on The Forgotten Coast and talk to some people.

He started a guild on the EU side, and its being replicated on the North American side. The challenge is thinking about performance and altered strats in sub-par gear that will make your ABILITY count for more than your purple.

-This isn’t a guild that will necessitate leaving your friends or hard-core team. Bring an alt or level a toon to 80 that has NOT raided before, and expect to raid just 3 hours a week.

-No loot drama – pretty much need or greed on anything you want. Because the same blue gear you’re wearing now is the same blue gear you’ll be wearing next week.

-Anyone can join – but to stay you’ll have to perform and comply with the goal of defeating ICC content in blues.

GEVLON WROTE (edited for North America):
1. You roll a new alt or transfer a non-raiding char to The Forgotten Coast, Alliance Side. There is no pre-screening, anyone can join. Of course not anyone can stay!
2. If you are lvl1 we give you 50G and some bags for start.
3. You level up. Going to low lvl dungeons with guildmates during the raidtime is encouraged.
4. You level to 80 and make some gold by quests and gathering (not being gatherer during leveling and not being a well-supported alt = being dumb).
5. You spend the gold on blue gear on the AH and rep vendors
6. You show what rotation you figured out. Copy & paste EJ doesn't work, since they optimize for ilvl 250 gear and not 190.
7. If your rotation is not a joke, we enchant you up for free and 500 gold to help you roll some raiding professions. JC is encouraged as it gives trinkets.
8. We go to Naxx25 and see who can stay out of the fire.
9. If after Naxx25 there are more than 25 capable players, we go to ToC25, Ony25, U25 then ICC25
10. If less than 25 capable players left, we do ToC10, Ony25, U10, ICC10

Rules:
• The obvious: no epics (except profession specials like Engineer helm), no exalted SoH enchant, no epic gems (except JC special gems), no Abyss-shard enchant. All blues, including HC drops are available of course.
• No Vent: no one will tell you to stand out of the fire, you'll have to figure it out yourself. Of course you can make whisper macros like "/w Othertank Stack 4 reached, taunt
• We'll raid only 3 hours a week -- no "no-life".
• No raiding character: your toon must not done any serious raiding, I want to see 25 [Secrets of Ulduar] jumping up when Saron goes down.
• No copy of your raiding toon: if you are raiding as a rogue, don't roll a new rogue. The internet is big and “anonymous” will be happy to comment that "JasonY's main is JasonX on Maghteridon and he's farming ICC 6 days a week". Roll something else, something you don't do serious raiding with.
• Obviously I don't expect you to not raid anywhere else. The guild is a one-time project that may or may be not repeated in Cataclysm. So before you'd transfer a character you have big plans with, be warned that you might have to transfer it back after ICC is cleared.
I'd like to see what the "I'm just ungeared" idiots will say when a blue-geared bunch of class-inexperienced players with as-casual-as-can-be schedule clear the whole WotLK raiding content (on normal of course).

What do I want to prove? That the content is a joke. Still many people can't do it because they are either a moron or slacker, or more likely, he binds himself to M&S.

Note to trolls: don't bother to post "it can't be done", I couldn't care less.
Kerouac
Kerouac
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:23 pm

I've posted starting at the bottom, Zuluhed - Vek'Nilash . There's a 10 post every 10 minute limit, I'll try to keep it going through the day from work.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:36 am

Blizz has rules up about posting on multiple forums, so after posting on the few realm forums I jumped straight to the Raid and Dungeon discussion forum.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=22050174698&sid=1

2 pages of replies, not all of them 'it can't be done'. We'll see how many people show up tonight.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerouac Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:14 am

I went to the link you posted, but it says its been removed... ???
Kerouac
Kerouac
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrogate Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:23 am

Yup, it went for several pages and then got deleted. woo...

Abrogate

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Kerouac wrote:I went to the link you posted, but it says its been removed... ???

They don't like 'cross realm' guild recruitment, I got a temp ban on the forums along with the deleted post. It only takes one report to get a post deleted.

The only place we can advertise by their rules is on The Forgotten Coast realm forum and on the Alliance and Horde guild recruitment forum.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrogate Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:51 pm

I made a post on the Alliance guild recruitment forums. Hopefully that yields some new members. What we really need are some transfers, there's only 7 of us over level 70.

Abrogate

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Abrogate wrote:I made a post on the Alliance guild recruitment forums. Hopefully that yields some new members. What we really need are some transfers, there's only 7 of us over level 70.

We have 24 people that are over 30, still short, but 24 is more than 7. Of the 7 at level 70+, only Luncy is a new character. Even if we got more transfers, you're still going to be waiting on the people that created fresh characters.

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  gnomeofzurich Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:57 pm

Note that this was advertised as a casual time commitment, raiding 3 hours a week, which means to me total time commitment of 5-10 hours per week.

Since leveling full out with no stopping for gathering or ah play takes around 6 days played, 10 hours a week implies at least 14-15 weeks for a reroll to make 80. Project started only 3 weeks ago. The people over 70 are all transfers, or people putting in a lot more than 10 hours a week.

I do think we need more people, but the number of 70+ right now is not the barometer unless you are trying to compete with the EU group for speed of doing this. It's how many people are consistently logging on and making progress.

gnomeofzurich
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrogate Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:46 pm

We should start raiding as soon as we have 10, no need to wait for 25 people unless there's just no healers at 80.

gnomeofzurich wrote:Note that this was advertised as a casual time commitment, raiding 3 hours a week, which means to me total time commitment of 5-10 hours per week.

Since leveling full out with no stopping for gathering or ah play takes around 6 days played, 10 hours a week implies at least 14-15 weeks for a reroll to make 80. Project started only 3 weeks ago. The people over 70 are all transfers, or people putting in a lot more than 10 hours a week.

I do think we need more people, but the number of 70+ right now is not the barometer unless you are trying to compete with the EU group for speed of doing this. It's how many people are consistently logging on and making progress.

That's true, to be honest I've been neglecting my 80s a bit to get into the leveling groove here. Luckily the way Blizzard's gating the content (boo!) means I only raid one night a week on my main right now anyway.

Still, 4 months for rerolls to get to 80, plus time to gear up... that's a long time. I think May/June is going to be cutting it close as far as Cataclysm is concerned. Hopefully most people are willing to put more than 3 hours/week into leveling.

Abrogate

Back to top Go down

Post  Mundy Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:10 am

Or everyone could just roll Death Knights =)

Mundy

http://lmundy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerouac Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:33 am

Newtron wrote:
They don't like 'cross realm' guild recruitment, I got a temp ban on the forums along with the deleted post. It only takes one report to get a post deleted.

I must have gotten lucky - I was up to the letter D before the holidays / and now busy catching up at work. I didn't notice much of a recruitment spike however - so apparently the main draw is via Greedy Goblin site.

While it would be nice if we could run concurrently with the EU, its pretty obvious that isn't going to happen - but the challenge of it is more interesting to me. Long term I have no strong reason that would prevent my return even after leveling my main for Cat - maintaining the Blue Rules and try THAT content. Not really planning on moving the toon back to the main server. I know Gevlon said he wasn't sure about maintaining the guild long-term but a casual 3 hours a week blue raid? In a totally different role? Sounds fine to me.
Kerouac
Kerouac
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Newtron Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:29 pm

Kerouac wrote:
I must have gotten lucky - I was up to the letter D before the holidays / and now busy catching up at work. I didn't notice much of a recruitment spike however - so apparently the main draw is via Greedy Goblin site.

I got one hit today from one of the Realm forum posts I made. I'm tempted to put something on Tankspot.com or even.. EJ.. But I think a post on EJ about a project like this would get a ban Smile

Newtron

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrogate Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:42 am

Posted on MMO-Champion:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/guild-recruitment-us-pvp-servers/%28a%29-blue-raiding-project-recruiting/

Abrogate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down