Undergeared
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mechanical Chicken and "free" gold while leveling

3 posters

Go down

Mechanical Chicken and "free" gold while leveling Empty Mechanical Chicken and "free" gold while leveling

Post  DehNutCase Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:23 pm

Mechanical Chicken is a quest reward from An OOX of Your Own which you get after turning in the three quests below, the start items for the quests are fairly rare drops from the mobs in the zone of the quest, but given that the zones are some of the best for leveling, if you pick up all three quests and get the chicken, not only did you gain around 40k exp, you can also sell the chicken on the AH for at least 500g since it is time consuming to get and you can only get one per character.
The three quests:
Find OOX-17/TN! - http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=351
Find OOX-09/HL! - http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=485
Find OOX-22/FE! - http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=2766

Last edited by DehNutCase on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:36 am; edited 2 times in total

DehNutCase

Back to top Go down

Mechanical Chicken and "free" gold while leveling Empty Re: Mechanical Chicken and "free" gold while leveling

Post  Abrogate Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:20 pm

Good advice, I've been meaning to backtrack and knock out those quests, probably won't bother until 80 though. For people starting at level 1, getting these three quests knocked out could buy you your flight training+mount. The first time I sold one of these with an alt it went for ~1500g.

Abrogate

Back to top Go down

Mechanical Chicken and "free" gold while leveling Empty Re: Mechanical Chicken and "free" gold while leveling

Post  gnomeofzurich Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:58 pm

These quests used to be fairly difficult for regular geared players to solo at level with the wrong classes, but they've been nerfed and almost every class buffed. Jame's guide actually says that it's too hard for most classes to solo. Don't pay attention to that if you're following wow-pro. I suspect every class could solo these now, I did them all on my mage (first character -- I wasn't all that good) before 2.3, though it was close at the time. The FE/TN ones done recently were utterly trivial on my prot paladin in BoA gear, as well as on my feral last year before 3.0. Haven't done hinterlands yet, but I don't expect it to be difficult at all. If you have some decent dungeon pieces, know how to play your class and don't have a really weak solo class (which ones are still weak now? warrior maybe? non-frost mage?) it's pretty easy.

gnomeofzurich
US Moderator
US Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  DehNutCase Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:17 am

I forgot to mention that the difficulty of the three quests were nerfed to the ground, the chicken now takes off after just 1 wave of 2 or 3 mobs.

DehNutCase

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down